The Firearms Forum banner
5K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  GONRA 
#1 ·
Are you a Cartridge Collector? The Covid-19 pandemic has forced me to finally get around to cartridge collecting; something I had been wanting to do for a very long time. The more I get into it the more interesting and fascinating it becomes. Finding some cartridges can be very difficult so finding a place of business that is devoted to selling cartridges to collectors can be very helpful. In my searches I have come across the site: ammo-one1.com out of Standish, Maine. Decided to share this with TFF in case it might be useful to other cartridge collectors.

#3 ·
About half arsed...lol! I don't pursue cartridge collecting as a hobby in and of itself but over the years I have....accumulated...a collection of cartridges. Mostly the obscure stuff I shoot and quite a few from friends who have and use some considerably uncommon cartridges.

There is quite a few sites out there for cartridge collecting. Last week I came across what looked to be a pretty good one when I was looking for some 8 X 56 Mannlicher/Schoenauer for the gentleman who posted about his grandfather's rifle....and I didn't bookmark it...sadly.

#10 ·
Find some Mauser "A" base cases or Maynard or even more unusual, Burnside cases. The first two a fella can find loaded cartridges. The latter, I don't know that I've ever seen a loaded cartridge.

As with others, mine end up tossed in my "Ice Cream Container Cartridge Collection".....:D

Reactions: Virginia Patriot
#12 ·
GONRA (just a modest size cartridge collection) sez cartridge collecting is lottsa phun!
Same genes asa stamp or coin collector. (WW II Boyhood Neighborhood had
U.S.&A.'s Head BUTTON Collector !)

Hopefully there is a Cartridge Collector show in your area.
Web Forum - International Ammunition Association
cartridgecollectors.org/?page=forum

#13 ·
GONRA (just a modest size cartridge collection) sez cartridge collecting is lottsa phun!
Same genes asa stamp or coin collector. (WW II Boyhood Neighborhood had
U.S.&A.'s Head BUTTON Collector !)

Web Forum - International Ammunition Association
cartridgecollectors.org/?page=forum

Hello GONRA and yes, cartridge collection is a lot of phun. Here's a look at an unusual one.

#14 ·
GONRA's modest cartridge collection has ONE hot item:
7.5x58mm French rifle cartridge headstamped "1929".
That's 7.5x58 fellas - after 1929, French settled on 7.5x54 which continues to this day...
>> These NEVER appear on any dealer lists, etc. over the decades. <<<
(Waaay back, fellow Verker Bee gave me a rusty coffee can full of stray WW II Vet bringback goodies he salvaged whilst helping clean out his North Carolina Land Lady's attic. Several of these rare items were in there - NO idea HOW they got there!

Traded 'em off - one-ata-tyme - for:
Full 15 rd. box of WW II German 8mm B-Patrone,
big phat 8mm WWII German AT rifle round,
looong skinny 8mm Polish WW II AT rifle round,
etc....)

Saved one rd. for MY weighty collection.
Was happy to get pricy cartridges NEVER woulda PURHASED!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.