CC at church

Discussion in 'General Firearms Discussion' started by ampaterry, Jan 11, 2017.

1. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

This would fit in self defense, and also in religious discussions -
    But I will stick it here.

At the door to the church, after services, folks talk a bit, shake hands, hug, and say their goodbyes.
    As the pastor, I have to try to determine who is a shaker and who is a hugger - and that is not always easy to do -
    I usually carry my Glock 17 IWB at 3:30 outside my shirt but under my suit jacket. One lady who had just started attending here was a hugger. She put her arms around me and just happened to put the palm of her left hand EXACTLY on my weapon when she hugged me.
    I was prepared for any kind of response this might bring -
    She let go, leaned back and said loudly to the group:
    "I just LOVE this little church! Every guy I hug is carrying a gun! I feel so SAFE here!"

Oh how I love Tennessee!!

2. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

What were the first two rules of Fight Club?

1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB.

3. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Something I learned early in carrying. If you hug low - around their ribcage (lean if necessary) - this forces them to hug high - over your arms, around the neck. I'm 5'11 and my 5'2 mother didn't know I carried for years

5. Jeff Brown

Jeff Brown Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like your protecting the Flock. And you have a few followers doing the same. Its no longer a soft target. I also carry at church. The pastor is also aware. And invites it

6. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Amen brothers and sisters.

dbcooper, BlackEagle, Broot and 4 others like this.
  7. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I think I have mentioned this before. Within the last couple of years the state of Georgia approved carry at "public gatherings" and church was one of them. It was left up to the individual Church leaders to decided if carry was allowed. At the first opportunity, I asked our preacher what his thoughts were on the thing and his answer was "I keep a .38 in my pocket all the time". That's all I needed to determine that it was OK at our church

BlackEagle, Broot, One Shot and 3 others like this.
  8. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

Our minister also carries as do several members other than me. When the topic has come up at church gatherings the consensus by far is that members would rather have us carrying as not.

Broot, One Shot, carver and 2 others like this.
  9. Country101

Country101 Well-Known Member

I dont usually carry at church because I dont have the right clothing for it. I dont wear jackets often and my shirt is always tucked and cotton. I have some poly polo's that I have found to be pretty good to carry with, but dont wear them too often. They are stretchy enough that I can tuck around my gun tightly and it still give a baggy appearance without printing and the only thing that will show is the loop on the holster. Even that is usually covered by the folds of the shirt if I give it enough space.

One Shot and carver like this.
  10. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Careful, my friend - get that hug TOO low and you run into a whole 'nother set of problems - - -

dbcooper, howlnmad, Broot and 2 others like this.
  11. carver

What you need is a IWB holster. https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...qmt=b&hvbmt=bb&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_2dskim64vl_b

12. Country101

I have a milt sparks executive companion.

carver, ampaterry and One Shot like this.
  13. One Shot

One Shot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My name tag at our church says "Safety" on one side and "Security" on the other. It's there mostly so we can tell who the others carrying are.

dbcooper, carver, BlackEagle and 2 others like this.
  14. carver

That rig should work for you. But if not, why not try something a little different. I highly recommend the http://www.smartcarry.com/ I've used one for about 10 years, or better. No finer holster of it's type, made in the U.S.A., and they offer a 60 day money back guarantee.

dbcooper likes this.
  15. Country101

Not sure how I would like that. The only guns I have to carry right now are a full size 1911 and a sig 226 DAK. I dont imagine it would be too comfortable with those two. I'm not too fond of the idea of having them pointed at my dangly bits. If I got shot in the hip or butt somehow I could manage a limp, but I'm kinda fond of the other parts. I know that's highly unlikely, but still.

I know you use yours quite a bit. Does it work well with a tight belt with a western buckle? How low does it sit?

carver likes this.