CCL

Discussion in 'Informational & Technical Archives' started by ruffitt, Feb 24, 2003.

1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

zombiedawg
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/26/01 5:52:28 pm)
    | Edit | Del All CCL
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any suggestions on good CCL instructors in the Houston area?
    I was trying to find a place called Rangemaster, but cannot seem to find their link anymore.
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    RANGE ME

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (12/28/01 9:35:31 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: CCL
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dawg, can`t help you in the Houston area, but...
    The ones up here in NE Texas are listed in the news paper for dates and times, fees, ect. You can aslo call your local law enforcement, DPS, ect. and they will have instructors they can recomend, or lead you in the right direction. Several members here live in that area and it might be better to ask them. AntiqueDr, Blackgun and I think there is another one there also. It pays to shop around for the dollar, as some are very high and others not so high. Most of the folks up here, take it from a DPS officer, who teaches on his off time. Good luck and shoot straight. Easy course and good folks. Missed this thread......didn`t even know you was from Texas....DURN! shows going away on the Holidays....stinks. LTS
    Traitors among us.......

AntiqueDr
    (12/28/01 10:40:43 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: CCL
    Check with BlackGun first, and/or email me directly.
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

tuckerd1
    (12/28/01 10:56:18 am)
    A Google search turned up these places in Houston area:

TOP GUN OF TEXAS www.topgunrange.com/schedule.php
    5901 BEVERLY HILL
    HOUSTON, TEXAS 77057
    (1 block South of Richmond Avenue)
    (between Chimney Rock and Fountain View)
    (713)779-GUNS

Cleverdon Shooting Clinic members.aol.com/clever357/
    Deb Cleverdon
    15306 Bonita Springs
    Houston, TX 77083
    (281) 988 - 7192

"They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither Liberty nor safety." (...Benjamin Franklin, 1759)

BlackGun
    (12/28/01 11:21:56 am)
    Dawg! The two that Tuckard gave you are closer to you than way out here. The course will run between $75.00 and $110.00 depending on the package they offer you. By DPS rules, it's a 12 hour minimum course and could run as long as 15 hours depending on how well the range goes. Some offer a complete package to include 2ea. 2x2 passport photo's 2 sets of fingerprints, ammo which could be 50 to 100 rounds depending on which license you want. one license is for revolvers only and the other will include semi auto's and revolvers. Some include the range fee. Some provide a free lunch. It's easier on you to get the inclusive package so you don't have to drive all over town getting a passport photo and then have to go to your local Law Enforcement agency to be fingerprinted. Some instructors will aide you in filling our your package to be mailed into Austin. Also remember the State (DPS) will require a M.O. or Cashiers check in the amount of $140.00 for their part. So your cost could run as high as $250.00 per person. You have my e-mail. If you need one of the books or you want a package sent to you from DPS, here is the phone number# Dept. Of Public Safety Concealed Handgun Licensing Dept 1800-224-5744 ext 7279 ask for Dana, she's a sweetheart. Good Luck! The will send you all the instructions to include study material and fingerprint card and will also give you the names and addresses of all DPS certified CHL instructors on the area.
    IT'S GOD'S RESPONSIBILITY TO FORGIVE BIN LADEN...
    IT'S OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ARRANGE THE MEETING!!!"

BlackGUN

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (12/28/01 11:55:45 am)
    Zombiedawg:
    When a question needs to be answered and there is a problem...I usually ask myself (reducing it to a question)
    "How would the Lone Ranger handle this?"
    Well, it looks like we have a few Lone Rangers posting for you.
    HI HO SILVER.
    Happy Holidays to you and your Family!
    Charlie D aka Different name
    When I don't know what to do, I
    walk fast and look worried.

Edited by: Different name at: 12/28/01 11:56:57 am

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/28/01 1:35:54 pm)
    Charlie D -
    The last line of your post sounds like something James Thurber might have said. Ya didn't "borrow" it from him, did ya?

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (12/28/01 3:36:40 pm)
    280freak...
    No, James hasn't been near my computer that I know of.

Antidote:
    --- Eat one live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day.

Charlie D

Edited by: Different name at: 12/28/01 3:37:41 pm

LIKTOSHOOT
    (12/28/01 3:48:31 pm)
    Charlie D, the new rules for you posting.

Please email me prior to any post you may respond to.
    I have had to replace my keyboard too many times from errent food and liquid leaving my pie hole, whilst reading your post, or send funds so I can continue to type on a new one, as now I am picking peanuts and coke spray from my New Christmas Keyboard.......Do me a favor, keyboards are cheap, lest you buy 10 a month. LTS

warpig883
    (12/28/01 9:46:48 pm)
    LTS I got to admit you hit the keyboard thing dead on. Thanks for yet another laugh Charlie D.

Zombie I gots no idea but these other guys seem to have a handle on things. I have made more than one post that did not get a reply. Sometimes you just got to speak up and tell everyone to slow down and pay attention. I look forward to seeing you keep posting here.
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)