The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
TFF Pie Queen
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I completed 16 hours of ccw training.... today we got range time. .38 special ammo is hard to find so I got to shoots 5 rounds lol but for not shooting for so long I smoked it... 5 shots pretty dead center. So I had to shoot a 9mm the rest of the time, I did pretty good...
Never strayed out of the area I needed to be in...
Will keep you up dated. And Thank you for the prayers. Also, I wanted to add that the classroom time was pretty easy, and I think everything I ever learned here and as a police exploer really paid off.

·
Premium Member
TFF Pie Queen
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good not even being familiar with the guns you used.
Part of todays class of was a lot of dry firing... so I was comfortable..... not so much with the 9mm.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,765 Posts
Well done!!

Congratulations. One less thing to worry about now, one more feather for your cap.

·
Registered
6,009 Posts
Well guys, I completed 16 hours of ccw training.... today we got range time. .38 special ammo is hard to find so I got to shoots 5 rounds lol but for not shooting for so long I smoked it... 5 shots pretty dead center. So I had to shoot a 9mm the rest of the time, I did pretty good...
Never strayed out of the area I needed to be in...
Will keep you up dated. And Thank you for the prayers. Also, I wanted to add that the classroom time was pretty easy, and I think everything I ever learned here and as a police exploer really paid off.
Well, too early to say congratulations waiting for the final approval, but yes, congratulations Rae. Keep at it.

God bless,

Peter

·
Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work
6,952 Posts
Well done, Rae! Here in AZ, we don't require that you qualify to hold a CCW permit; we consider that a Constitutional right that no one can deny a citizen. I don't know at what range you managed this feat, but I can well remember sweating bullets when I was qualifying for my NRA-certified Pistol Instructor card. It was required that I put 20 rounds into a 9" circle, at 25 yards, and 15 of them had to be in a 6" circle. I hadn't been to the range in over a year, and hadn't fired my Browning 9mm Hi Power in several years. But it had the longest snout of any in my collection, so I figured the longer barrel would improve my odds. I wasn't wrong - I passed.

·
Premium Member
TFF Pie Queen
5,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good news !! I have known some folks that were great shots but froze up badly doing there CCW shooting part .
Yeah, but they didn't have the prayers I did...
The awesome responsibly hit he that morning, so I asked my dad to for me a the breakfast table.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
We had a gun safety class at church few years ago put on by a member who was a retired firearms instructor for police . It was a fellowship get together and a class . Most showed up with their hand cannons but a older lady brought her .22 semi auto hand gun and she WHIPPED everyone on best targets and made us like it !!!! Even if a person has CCW it never hurts to attend extra classes when can . I pick up things every time and it's great fun . It's funny sometimes when some people hear about a church having a shooting class !!!! Our teacher is a super shot and has some great stories to !

·
Premium Member
19,612 Posts
When I shot my cc renewal earlier this year I used my Colt Competition 1911 in 9mm. When the instructor said I had the best groups in the 16 shooters. It was more the gun than me. This 1911 is very accurate.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
When I shot my cc renewal earlier this year I used my Colt Competition 1911 in 9mm. When the instructor said I had the best groups in the 16 shooters. It was more the gun than me. This 1911 is very accurate.
A inaccurate gun can make a good shot look mediocre. An accurate one will not make a poor shot shine.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,765 Posts
It's funny sometimes when some people hear about a church having a shooting class !!!!
Centuries ago people had to bring their rifles to church over here so they could do their mandatory competition shooting after the morning service.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts