The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
GUNZILLA
5,983 Posts
With a situation like the planet is facing and the global shut down we are faced with, the problems of whom to trust which will divide all of us not just in this country but world wide, I am not worried one way or another and I am not stressed out. If it is true and one does as they please what will make people believe is a tragedy close to home so severe that they question their thinking and possibly change their minds. If it is not true than one faces the problem of proving it to the whole world.

I role with the punches as it is what I have done my whole life because it keeps me from breaking, I'm still loving my life and for me nothing has changed. The animosity I have seen I see from people that are typically scared and afraid as they have lost control. I on the other hand from early childhood realized growing up that life was not fair and one played the cards you were dealt with. I have always known that I cannot control what life throws at me but I can control how I react to it.

So whether this pandemic is true or not I would ask you to question your self and ask what if it is true, than how can I help and how can I bring peace of mind now and move forward, if it is not true than how can I help bring peace of mind and move forward. There is already too much dissension in our country, hell in the world. This is like questioning is their a GOD and immediately you will have groups not agreeing as many feel there is no empirical proof. But I ask the question what if there is a GOD and when you die and you chose not to have faith, what will happen than. The same applies to this pandemic what if it is true and instead of pointing fingers and blaming everyone instead of solving the problem and helping by not being to selfish with our freedoms what if we prolong it because we refused to stay at home or wear a mask. Why would we not want to spend more time at home with our loved ones a home that everyone has toiled and sweated and possibly shed blood so that you could have a home not a house.

Times like this is when men's character is put to the test...HOW WILL YOU RESPOND!
I am at peace and I am not stressed out because I have accepted my fate as a mortal human being. Whether there is a pandemic or not whether I catch this disease or already have it whether I believe in GOD or not I know what my fate will be...DEATH! So I make it a point to live my life to its fullest surrounded by loving friends and family in my home not my house and I surrender myself to GOD's embrace.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,891 Posts
Just as states try and get people back to work, more bad news.
So much of "reopening" depends on hitting or not hitting actual numbers and what did we get? Numbers that say we should stay closed.
But, the CDC evidently isn't such an expert at counting cases...
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2020/05/cdc-and-states-are-misreporting-covid-19-test-data-pennsylvania-georgia-texas/611935/
I was just reading an article that was just the opposite of this one. Who knows what the truth is. Maybe no one does.
They experimented with global warming to see how it would work. They planted twisted data into their computer models and came up with the results that "prove" we need to stop using hydrocarbons or we'll overheat the planet and drown in melted ice caps. The real fearmongers tell us we need to start last century.

It's another coup.
Naturally occurring or not, Covid-19 has become nothing more than the next coup attempt on Trump.
They're capable of anything. It's on full display.
This is not merely a US problem. The liberals are taking full advantage of this in the US, and in the UK as well. It's a major problem throughout the world.

I think China is using this as one step in gaining global supremacy. They manufacture most of the stuff we get in the stores; they have stolen manufacturing jobs from the western world in general. Now they are trying to take over Hong Kong, that financial HQ for many global businesses, ignoring the agreement they made with the UK to allow Hong Kong to govern itself for 50 years following the official handover from the UK to China in 1997. They have been making aggressive naval moves in and around their stomping grounds and have had their sights set on recovering Taiwan.

If there is an oil spill, the government finds the culprit and makes them pay a fine, and makes them pay to help clean up the mess. The US and the rest of the world needs to do the same. Someone spilled this COVID virus into the world. The world needs to get reparations from the country that let it loose.

I know what my fate will be...DEATH!
Well said. We all die in the end. Being human is a fatal condition. But what happens after death is the big question...we talk about that on the Religious forum on a regular basis, mostly because it seems to be a "religious" question, but it has ramifications for all of life as well.

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
I think by Saturday I started hearing that numbers were soaring in certain states due to non compliance of social distancing and masks. Just one day into a 3 day weekend that's pretty darn fast to get that many patients into hospitals, tested and confirmed. Doesn't it take a few days before you shown any symptoms if any at all?

·
Garandaholic
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited by Moderator)
They experimented with global warming to see how it would work. They planted twisted data into their computer models and came up with the results that "prove" we need to stop using hydrocarbons or we'll overheat the planet and drown in melted ice caps. The real fearmongers tell us we need to start last century.

This is not merely a US problem. The liberals are taking full advantage of this in the US, and in the UK as well. It's a major problem throughout the world.

I think China is using this as one step in gaining global supremacy. They manufacture most of the stuff we get in the stores; they have stolen manufacturing jobs from the western world in general. Now they are trying to take over Hong Kong, that financial HQ for many global businesses, ignoring the agreement they made with the UK to allow Hong Kong to govern itself for 50 years following the official handover from the UK to China in 1997. They have been making aggressive naval moves in and around their stomping grounds and have had their sights set on recovering Taiwan.

If there is an oil spill, the government finds the culprit and makes them pay a fine, and makes them pay to help clean up the mess. The US and the rest of the world needs to do the same. Someone spilled this COVID virus into the world. The world needs to get reparations from the country that let it loose.

Well said. We all die in the end. Being human is a fatal condition. But what happens after death is the big question...we talk about that on the Religious forum on a regular basis, mostly because it seems to be a "religious" question, but it has ramifications for all of life as well.
Trump has been warning us about China since the 1980s.
Once again, he is exactly correct.
Once again the lamestream called him names for his discrimination against the fine upstanding country of China.
Once again, they are dead wrong.
But, the bulk of Americans go right out and do whatever the proven liars tell them to do.
I have very little hope. It seems day by day humans get less rational and more unhinged from reality.
I don't see it going back. The entirety of the media is non reality. Most are fully invested in it. What happens on their phone is MUCH more important than what happens in actual life.

I think by Saturday I started hearing that numbers were soaring in certain states due to non compliance of social distancing and masks. Just one day into a 3 day weekend that's pretty darn fast to get that many patients into hospitals, tested and confirmed. Doesn't it take a few days before you shown any symptoms if any at all?
You forgot to hit the sarcastic font.
Yes, if all these people came down with it after a 3 day weekend, they already had it.
We are being manipulated.

·
Garandaholic
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Premium Member
7,577 Posts
the CDC has botched this from the beginning.... they are either incompetent or dishonest. take your pick. maybe both?

Reactions: jbmid1

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
My bro out in AZ talked to an old co worker the other day. He went to get tested, signed up and waited, waited, waited, waited. He got up and left. The next day he got called and said he tested positive and needs to quarantine. He replied back the the person how the hell did I test positive when I left before I was tested. The person hung the phone up.
Its all a scam so the facility doing the testing can get Fed money!!!

·
Garandaholic
9,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

·
Registered
5,186 Posts

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Sadly, once this virus became politicized, all objecting reporting on it was mingled with much disinformation and misinformation.

For most people the flu is a nuisance unless you are elderly and have underlying pulmonary or cardiac disease.

This bug is more fearful to me as a physician than the flu. It presents in ways that the flu never has. We are still learning of how it affects people, but with an election in a little over a month, it is not surprising that folks are playing with the numbers in a. way that makes Trump appear incompetent, which he is not.

A surge of cases right at election time is what the Demoncrats want to play into their attacks on Trump and the coronoavirus. Unfortunately, Fauci has had mixed messages from the beginning. Trump has done many things correctly especially with the supply side of the equation for health care workers.

Hopefully, once the election is over, we might actually get some real information on this virus and folks will stop playing with the numbers. One can only hope that is.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,891 Posts
A surge of cases right at election time is what the Demoncrats want to play into their attacks on Trump and the coronoavirus.
We hear attacks by the media on the way the conservative government in London is handling the problem, but praise from that same media for how the liberal Scottish government is handling the pandemic. Problem is, both governments are doing the same things, only I think London is doing a better job.

The US media is doing exactly the same thing. Now...what would a liberal government do that's any different? How would Biden improve on Trump's methodology, and what would be the effect on the economics of the nation?

We are still learning how it works, but some reports over here talk about the virus creating a cytokine storm in some people and that causes problems with various organs.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
We hear attacks by the media on the way the conservative government in London is handling the problem, but praise from that same media for how the liberal Scottish government is handling the pandemic. Problem is, both governments are doing the same things, only I think London is doing a better job.

The US media is doing exactly the same thing. Now...what would a liberal government do that's any different? How would Biden improve on Trump's methodology, and what would be the effect on the economics of the nation?

We are still learning how it works, but some reports over here talk about the virus creating a cytokine storm in some people and that causes problems with various organs.
The cytokine storm is what has killed many with the COVID 19 ARDS, pulmonary failure. That is how Dexamethasone has helped many who develop the Cytokine storm but shutting it down.

But it also has other autoimmune aspects that are bizarre from an infectious disease perspective that we have never seen another virus do. The minimally symptomatic and asymptomatic nature of this bug are what augments it's infectivity making it more dangerous than SARS and MERS which had much higher death rates, but were infectious only when patients were symptomatic making isolation more effective.

So, it is a nasty bug for many reasons and no, I certainly don't think the Dems would have done any better. In fact, the Dem states have by far the worst outcomes in the US, especially NY, NJ and Connecticut.

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
The cytokine storm is what has killed many with the COVID 19 ARDS, pulmonary failure. That is how Dexamethasone has helped many who develop the Cytokine storm but shutting it down.

But it also has other autoimmune aspects that are bizarre from an infectious disease perspective that we have never seen another virus do. The minimally symptomatic and asymptomatic nature of this bug are what augments it's infectivity making it more dangerous than SARS and MERS which had much higher death rates, but were infectious only when patients were symptomatic making isolation more effective.

So, it is a nasty bug for many reasons and no, I certainly don't think the Dems would have done any better. In fact, the Dem states have by far the worst outcomes in the US, especially NY, NJ and Connecticut.
I had heard that. Now I wonder how that would effect someone like myself who already has a hyper-active immune system?
Would that put me at a higher risk, or would my super immune system just knock it out like when I get the flu? Usually when there is a nasty bug going around that leaves people sick for two weeks I still get it, but I burn through it in about 48 hours.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts