The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Central Arms Co 12 gauge SxS. I am trying to figure out how to repair the break open lever as it seems the spring is not pushing the lever back into place. I am unsure how to access the spring and if I can find one for it. Anyone have any experience with these guns and possibly have any links to info on parts or disassembly? I love this gun and would like to get it working again. Thanks Jeremy

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Well, can't help you on the disassembly or repairs, but in your search for information, Central Arms was a Trade Name owned by Shapleigh Hardware Co. of St Louis, It was used on shotguns furnished by W.H. Davenport. HTH

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Central Arms, St. Louis Mo.?
Yup. That and the serial number is all the markings I have found on the gun. No model number or anything. I found some part pics here based of the Cresnt name:

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Crescent-33192.htm

I am not sure what type of gun it is. Coil main spring or flat main spring. I'm starting to get a bit confused. I'm not sure exactly what it is I am looking for except it must be a spring...I think. Or what even to call the parts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link. Well I got it mostly apart. Having trouble getting the side plates off. The screws just turn and don't come out far enough to get ahold of. Also I had a piece come out when I took the trigger assembly off. I'm going to attempt to attach some pics.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts