Century and M44's

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

gamehunter3
    (4/29/02 5:58:17 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Century and M44's
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well I thought I would try my hand at u-fixems at Century. I ordered 5 and they came in today.
    1. All numbers matched except the bolt, broken stock.
    2. Numbers didn't match, chunk missing from stock and missing cross bolt.
    3. All matching except bolt, missing receiver screw, no cracks at all. and this one had no blueing at all. It was silver.
    4. All matching, except bolt missing the the bolt head.
    5. Looks brand new, metal and stock. all matching, except bolt, missing bolt head.
    I ended up with 2 complete guns and a 3rd with only the receiver screw missing. So now i got 2 extra parts guns. None of these had ramrods. All of these are polish m 44's. I heard it was the luck of the draw. I feel happy with what I got.

JERRY IN FLORIDA SUNNY AND IN THE HI 80's

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/29/02 8:21:19 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Century and M44's
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Jerry - Your #3 all in the silver - was it a serial number with the letter prefix of "AS"? Seems that several I have and several I have heard of from others that are in the white are all in the "AS" serial number range.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

gamehunter3
    (4/29/02 8:42:22 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del century and m44's
    The one that is silver has a KC in front of the serial # along with 3 of the others. there is one that has a BD. All are dated 1952 and have the polish arsenal mark. One of them has a triangle with a couple of letters that I can't make out stamped on the stock.

JERRY IN FLORIDA

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/30/02 7:04:50 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: century and m44's
    Darn - blows that theory. I have been watching for a pattern on those that are stripped of blueing.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

gamehunter3
    (5/2/02 5:30:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del century and m44's
    HEY Bob, After looking closer your theory still stands, I found traces of blueing on this one m44.

Jerry in Florida sunny and 90