charles daly 1911's

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by 21bravo, Apr 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. 21bravo

21bravo New Member

i've posted before about kimber, taurus, and a few other different 1911 makes. im tryin to find out what would be the best pistol for my money. i found, stumbled upon rather, the Charles Daly website this afternoon. the type of 1911 im looking for is a reverse 2-tone (blued slide, silver frame) but when i saw the "Field EFS" model i liked the looks of it immediatly...granted i havent held one yet. does anyone here have any experience with a charles daly? they seem to be priced similarly to the Taurus PT1911....so...pros? cons?? thanks in andvance for the help:D

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member Supporting Member

I have owned several Charles Daly 1911's and have had no problems with them. Would I buy another one ? Heck yeah. Just remember, the factory mags are junk. :)

3. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

The GM of Charles Daly is a member here, using the handle Charles Daly. PM him and ask a question or two.

I've shot a number of Charles Daly firearms. I bought a 1911 for my son. I think they are generally good value.

Pops

4. 21bravo

21bravo New Member

thanks for the info fellas.

ive seen him post before but didnt put two and two together...thanks pops:D

5. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

They are no longer producing the weapons you have mentioned here. They were generally considered decent guns produced by Armscor in the Phillipenes.

The new 1911 christened the G4 is due out anytime now. It is produced in Isreal. There are pics of it on the CD forum. It is an extremely attrative weapon. I hope to be able to stable one of these soon.

6. Mistahman

Mistahman New Member

I read somewhere that the Charles Daly M5 has the same internal parts as the Kimber. Can anyone elaborate on that? I am debating on purchasing said pistol for CCW. Also, considering purchasing an American Classic II, made in Phillapines, to add to my collection. Anyone know anything about the American Classic? Only own one 1911 a Springfield. Badly outnumbered by glocks! If I am going to be a member of this forum guess I better shape up! LOL