The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
Cannot speak on that exact model of Charter but did own a Bulldog 44 35 years ago. I liked it fine but it quickly shot loose. My impression is they are OK if you do not plan to shoot a lot of rounds through them. The 9mm is an excellent snub cartridge. It is very efficient out of a short barrel and being as popular as it is the variety of ammo available at the best price is a huge plus. It’s everywhere and is the cheapest center fire round by far.
I would put a couple more dollars in the money jar and check out the Ruger LCR. It has a better trigger than the charter and will hold up better to extensive use IMHO.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
A coworker bought one about 4 yrs ago. Had trouble with the extractor, he sent it back to the Mothership, but in the end Charter swapped it out for a 38 Spcl.

[edit]
I DO like the extractor concept if it works well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have looked at the 4 mfg. that are putting out 9mm . Really like Ruger but lighter than I want not really fond of moon clips which sort of leaves Charter. Have heard bad things @ taurus moon clips.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would like to hear from some that have experience with the above revolver as to accuracy , function ect. both positive and negative THANKS
I've had my 9mm Pitbull going on 6 years and don't have a single complaint. Regarding the accuracy: It's a snubby with a 2" barrel. It's designed for close up and personal. I had mine retrofitted by Charter with a 4" barrel and the accuracy is better. Mine came with a matte finish and it's "fun" to clean the front of the cylinder after a trip to the range. Now you can get it with a stainless or nitride finish which might be a better choice for cleaning off the GSR. The grips are comfortable. Charter makes some fancier wood grips but I'll stick to the rubber grips. All in all, I'd love to have a S&W 547 but 'till my rich uncle dies, this'll have to do. Just a note: when I had the barrel upgraded, the folks at Charter were TERRIFIC. Also, I had some other questions and they were great in answering them. If you haven't bought one already, do it, you'll like it.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Have looked at the 4 mfg. that are putting out 9mm . Really like Ruger but lighter than I want not really fond of moon clips which sort of leaves Charter. Have heard bad things @ taurus moon clips.
Kinda late for the party, but I own a Taurus 905. I have two other Taurus revolvers and have had no problems wiith any.Looked at the Ruger (unobtainable) and the Charter Arms ("out of stock") so having good luck with Taurus revolvers I bought a 905. As far as the Taurus "stellar" clips, some have problems being "too loose" and cartridges falling out. I purchased some TK Custom clips but I just looked at the Taurus clips and wondered why? I merely closed the cartridge "hole" by forcing a screwdriver in the slot between the "holes", thus making the hole tighter on the cartridge (life long machinist/mechanic so I saw an easy, immediate fix). Now all my Taurus clips hold cartridges even passing my drop test; drop a loaded clip from about 4' onto a carpet and all cartridges are retained in the clips (147 gr. handloads, mixed brass, some tossed 6'-8' across a carpeted floor). So while I prefer the TK clips (but $$!) the Taurus clips are a non-issue for me. The moon clips are perfect "speed loaders". . BTW, I really like my 905 and as I own 4 other 9mms ammo and components are plentiful in my shop...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts