The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Have looked at the 4 mfg. that are putting out 9mm . Really like Ruger but lighter than I want not really fond of moon clips which sort of leaves Charter. Have heard bad things @ taurus moon clips.
Kinda late for the party, but I own a Taurus 905. I have two other Taurus revolvers and have had no problems wiith any.Looked at the Ruger (unobtainable) and the Charter Arms ("out of stock") so having good luck with Taurus revolvers I bought a 905. As far as the Taurus "stellar" clips, some have problems being "too loose" and cartridges falling out. I purchased some TK Custom clips but I just looked at the Taurus clips and wondered why? I merely closed the cartridge "hole" by forcing a screwdriver in the slot between the "holes", thus making the hole tighter on the cartridge (life long machinist/mechanic so I saw an easy, immediate fix). Now all my Taurus clips hold cartridges even passing my drop test; drop a loaded clip from about 4' onto a carpet and all cartridges are retained in the clips (147 gr. handloads, mixed brass, some tossed 6'-8' across a carpeted floor). So while I prefer the TK clips (but $$!) the Taurus clips are a non-issue for me. The moon clips are perfect "speed loaders". . BTW, I really like my 905 and as I own 4 other 9mms ammo and components are plentiful in my shop...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts