The Firearms Forum banner

Chinese contract Browning hi-power

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  nmckenzie 
#1 ·
I am looking for some information on a Chinese contract Browning high power if somebody could help me please. From the serial number it appears that it is from June 1944 and I believe it is one from the original first Chinese contract arms, but there are very very few markings on the gun. All three serials match and the magazine is an original J.I. as well. Serial is CH****, it has the tangent rear sight, lanyard ring and slotted for stock as well, but it is not stamped Mark 1 or anything like that at all, just "Browning FN 9 mm high power inglis Canada" and two other small stamps, which I believe are the double crossed Canadian flags symbol. I have exhausted my knowledge and cannot find anymore, I can provide photos as well, if anybody can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated, thanks and have a great day.

#6 ·
Just a guess, but your HP may've been one that ended up in UK service after China defaulted on payment for earlier shipments. British MoD maintenance manuals detail all four variations of the Inglis manufactured HP, so - and as I said this is just a guess - it may be possible the Chinese markings were scrubbed, or never applied at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.