The Firearms Forum banner

When should radio and TV stations stop playing Christmas music / advertisements?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
I voted before they start. I'm not a fan of Christmas music.

·
Premium Member
11,138 Posts
I voted Dec. 26 but going to Jan. 1 would be fine too.

Music is a matter of taste, gee, ya think....lol!! To me some of the most inspiring music ever written is Christmas music. Always the first that comes to mind is Handel's Messiah. Admittedly there is vocal arrangements in the piece I don't care for but when one considers the Hallelujah Chorus, For Unto Us a Child is Born, And Suddenly There Was With the Angel, Oh Death Where is Thy Sting and others I find the entire piece uplifting. While I don't care for ballet "The Nutcracker" is simply delightful. The most simple and beautiful song ever written, my opinion, can only be "Silent Night". Mark Lowery's "Mary Did You Know" is....wonderful. Of the secular music how can one not like "I'll be home for Christmas" when the time it was written is considered? Mel Torme's "The Christmas Song" and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" never fail to bring a smile to my face.

Now, "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" is cute....one time. After the first listening it could disappear into oblivion, never to be heard again.

·
Premium Member
17,160 Posts
I voted for the 26th. But my wife would have voted year around. She loves it way too much. The other day day i got in her car and the radio was just blasting christmas music. It took me a while to unstick myself from the car's roof to find the radio knob to turn it down!:eek:

·
Banned
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm off on paid holiday from 12/23 through Jan 2nd.
Boeing has it's perks!
The problem is, wife can't stand to see me not working, so I have a pretty big honey-do list. :(
My Dad worked for (engineered systems for) Stoddart Aircraft Radio and their successor companies.
View attachment 112762
Dick Stoddart, right, Howard Hughes, center, preparing for 1938 'round the world' flight. The plane was stuffed full of Stoddart electronic (espionage) equipment.

View attachment 112763
Dear ol' Dad with Stoddart 'systems' when at the Santa Monica Blvd. facility in Hollywood.

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
Merry Christmas folks

Something must be wrong with me. I can't stop watching that, it's so full of awesomeness!:D

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Some of the crap radio stations or programers in far off regions that do the programing ain't worth turning radio on to hear!
I just as soon hear Christmas Music year round! I ready enjoy Smoky Mountain Christmas music, especially instruments!
BTW: My van radio ain't ever on unless Mama turns it on. She turned it on to check weather a week or so back and radio didn't work. Had van battery replaced last year and never reprogramed the code into radio. So, it would been 2 years since radio was on this coming Jan.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts