The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at one of these on Amazon for 79 bucks. My question is I shoot in the woods and my area is shaded. Will this work or do I need a clear view of the sky with sunshine on it

·
Registered
954 Posts
Laserdoc, I have that exact same unit. Although I cannot directly answer your questions, in the instructions it said that on overcast days the sunscreens are not needed, and also if used inside a shooting range a strong light could be used to make it work effectively.

I imagine it would work in about any situation, but may take some modification. BTW it's a fine little unit-even holds up well under fire! (I shot one of the screen posts a few weeks back. Bent it back into shape, kept going)

·
Super Moderator
41,364 Posts
I think that they will work perfectly in a shaded ares. I have a chrony that is probably 25 year old. This one has cardboard diffusers that have to be mounted above each of the "eyes" to create a shadow, so my thinking is that natural shadows/shade would be perfect.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went out and walked around my shooting areas. I have trees everywhere but I can find open spots to the sky so it should not be a problem. Just ordered a Competition Electronics ProChrono Digital. :)

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
WRF, I printed those 8 pages and set in my chrono box. Ya know the local Indians never seen a chrono; they act as though I'm handing them some BS. Nx time the sun comes out and the CED no workey for a few minutes; I'm just handin them the paper to read.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts