Churches cancelling service on Christmas Day

Discussion in 'Religious Discussions' started by dbcooper, Dec 23, 2016.

1. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member Supporting Member

We have a candlelight service and communion tonight and regular service in the morning. We did cancel Sunday school classes though.

crystalphoto, dbcooper and carver like this.
  2. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Isis targeting churches -

I pray they do not attack a liberal church that has no defense, but rather try their luck on a church like mine.

David13, dbcooper and BlackEagle like this.

3. BlackEagle

BlackEagle Well-Known Member Supporting Member

They would avoid liberal churches because those are some of satan's most effective tools in the west. They might avoid smaller conservative churches, and go for one of the mega-churches for the splash news value and shock.

Those are generally the most likely to have security details (unless they are in an anti-gun state).

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ny-california-florida-texas-target-christmas/

Another site says this is not the first time ISIS has published a hit list, and previous lists have not resulted in attacks.

But stay in condition yellow, friends.

dbcooper likes this.
  4. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

I suspect there are some churches not having service due to the terrorist threat. Which if they are, they play right into the terrorist plans. If it's due to people not showing up, even if one person shows it's important to them. There's plenty of time for gift giving after church. Out of town travel might make for fewer people there.

dbcooper and BlackEagle like this.
  5. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

We condensed down to just a single service for Christmas day. We typically have two. But we did an informal survey, and we have a LOT of people traveling this weekend.

Every situation is different, and I don't think it's my place to judge how other churches handle scheduling. It's not a sin issue.

BlackEagle and One Shot like this.
  6. One Shot

One Shot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

We attended the 5:00 candlelight service and all went well. The leader of our safety team is from Iran and he told me tonight that it's now OK to profile anybody that looked like him. :). ( yes he voted for Trump and has an excellent sense of humor.)

BlackEagle and dbcooper like this.