Cimmaron Firearms

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Patches, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Patches

Patches Well-Known Member

Thinking of purchasing a Cimmaron Firearms SAA .45 Long Colt replica but I know nothing of the manufacturer in terms of product quality. Would appreciate any input in terms of fit and finish, accuracy, reliability and the like.

2. Grizzley1

Grizzley1 Well-Known Member

I had one a a decade or two ago, They are manufactured by Uberti and I believe the final finish is done by Cimmaron. Fit and finish on mine was decent enough and it shot decently well. I ended up trading it to an FFL dealer for a Ruger Bisley Blackhawk in .45 Colt as the Ruger fit my hand better and was more comfortable for me to shoot. Getting more in trade than I paid for it on a NIB Ruger for the SAA clone was a bonus, otherwise I probably would have kept it and had two .45 Colt revolvers.

I think you'll be satisfied with it or with a Uberti branded SAA replica. Like I said the only reason mine went away was because an FFL dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse. :)

sharps4590 and howlnmad like this.

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Full Time Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

I had one for a short while, traded into it. Shot it quite a bit and enjoyed it. It wasn't the most accurate gun I ever shot but that could have been me! The same guy I got it from traded me out of it, cause he "missed it".

howlnmad and Grizzley1 like this.
  4. rimmer1

rimmer1 Well-Known Member

Check out the Uberti "El Patron" SSA. These revolvers are perfect in every way.
    My favorite!

5. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

My '73 Winchester clone is a Cimarron and also by Uberti. That rifle is a shooter with smokeless or BP. I don't believe I'd hesitate to buy one of their revolvers.