clips

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by wileyone532, Apr 3, 2009.

1. wileyone532

wileyone532 New Member

is there any after market clips for the Llama .45 model 1911

2. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen

3. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Do a search using the term "Magazines" rather than clips.

4. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Have you tried a standard 1911 mag? I found an article on the LLama, and stole this paragraph.

>The main problem faced by anyone working with the Llama is parts. Some parts are available, but with the maker out of business, others are in short supply. The very last Llamas made are a different story, as they are much more like the standard 1911. For example, the later models accept GI magazines. The first Llamas used a magazine much more European in appearance. Then, in the 1980s, Llamas began to appear that would take either the specially designed Llama magazine or the Colt, and finally the latest versions came with a standard GI-type magazine. The 9mm magazines have always been peculiar to the pistol, and Colt types will not work. I was fortunate to have been able to obtain a Llama 9mm magazine from Gun Parts Corporation. The original magazine had seen better days, but the one I purchased is well made of good material. <

Maybe yours will work with Colt mags.