The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received an email from CMP regarding the new release of 1911's. My name was selected as one of the lucky ones now able to purchase a pistol. I'll be returning the new forms tomorrow. Soon they will let me know pricing and grade. I'm so excited. Never win anything. This made my day, the 1911 is one of my favorites

·
Registered
15 Posts
Lucky you! I would say I’m jealous but glad for you anyway. Be sure to post a picture when you get it. Here’s a link for the grades and prices if you haven’t already seen it.

·
Banned
122 Posts
One of the bad things about a forum like this is somebody suddenly providing information that the CMP is suddenly releasing guns again. There went a thousand bucks.

·
Super Moderator
26,975 Posts
One of the bad things about a forum like this is somebody suddenly providing information that the CMP is suddenly releasing guns again. There went a thousand bucks.
Did you read the link?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe the original offer to submit was several months ago. Names were chosen randomly to select those eligible to purchase. I'll be happy to pay $1050 for one of the better ones if they're still available. I sent the paperwork in yesterday then spoke with Stephanie at Anniston. She says they are shipping quickly. She also said that these may be the last of them

·
Super Moderator
26,975 Posts
Nice! Gotta get some range time and let us know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Received an email from CMP regarding the new release of 1911's. My name was selected as one of the lucky ones now able to purchase a pistol. I'll be returning the new forms tomorrow. Soon they will let me know pricing and grade. I'm so excited. Never win anything. This made my day, the 1911 is one of my favorites
For a minute I had no idea what the CMP was. I went to the grading link the other guy posted and realized you won a chance to buy a decommissioned M1911 from the US military. Sounds awesome!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Cmp today is what DCM ( Director of Civilian Marksmanship) was in my day....the Gov released a large number of 1911 pistols to the public for a delivered price of $17.00, which was a lot of money for a E 3 who made less than $100 a month. Today the off shoot CMP is once again the recipient of 1911 pistols from Gov stores for release to the American public. The numbers are regulated and requirements difficult but for those who applied and were given a random number in line most of the first release has been distributed. CMP is once again accepting requests to purchase for a second release.
Actually

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cmp today is what DCM ( Director of Civilian Marksmanship) was in my day....the Gov released a large number of 1911 pistols to the public for a delivered price of $17.00, which was a lot of money for a E 3 who made less than $100 a month. Today the off shoot CMP is once again the recipient of 1911 pistols from Gov stores for release to the American public. The numbers are regulated and requirements difficult but for those who applied and were given a random number in line most of the first release has been distributed. CMP is once again accepting requests to purchase for a second release.
Actually
How do you apply for the CMP program?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts