Collecting-up Spent Brass Casings

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by GConn, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Pawpaw40

Pawpaw40 Well-Known Member

Find meaningless work, assign someone else to do it. Sounds like you are management material.;)

2. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Nope, pretty much for the past 30+ years, I've been told where to go :(. Dang dispatchers:mad:.

m77user, dbcooper and crystalphoto like this.

3. Smoke

Smoke Well-Known Member

I shoot a lot of .300 blackout & convert my 5.56 LC brass. I don't want to do all the work of converting & getting the brass plus getting it working right just to leave it lay on the range floor. That is why I made an investment in a top of the line brass catcher from TBR & have not lost one case since.
    http://tacticalbrassrecovery.com/

4. Don Fischer

Don Fischer Well-Known Member

I don't allow CF rifle brass of DA handgun brass to hit the ground in the first place. My 9mm's give me the vapors though! Stuff fly's all over. I'm not really handicapped though sometimes I wonder. Very hard to pick up brass off the ground. If I get down on one knee, without support, getting up is d*mn near impossible. Old back and knee problem's. But I believe I have the answer. Looking for one of those dust pan's on a rod that lay down when touching the ground and have a very small rake. Set the dust pan down and rake the mty's into it.

5. drymag

drymag Well-Known Member

-
    2011 post, must be doing some research.
    -
    For dirt, take a rake and some small wire mesh screen that you can lay on the ground, rake the dirt/brass over the screen. Lift of the screen and manage the brass as the dirt falls thru the screen. May be have the 4 corners w/ some cordelette tied to them and coming to a center ring so you can use a hook to bring the ring up to you then lift from a standing position.
    -- or --
    May be good for dirt, not sure about rolling on smooth concrete
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/BATT...gclid=CNOz7uzIwtQCFUFsfgodWEUDzQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

Don Fischer likes this.
  6. jonb32248

jonb32248 Active Member

I use a tarp at my daughters house and still lose a few. But at the range I find a lot more than I lose. I have box that I throw in the found brass(9mm) and I'll bet I have 500 rds. I usually lose maybe a couple when I'm there. It's amazing how much people leave behind. I've even found some of mine in return trips. I have a mark on the end of the case. Well got to get back to reloading, see ya at the range.

7. jwdurf

jwdurf Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I use a light canvas painter's tarp (plastic melts to hot brass.) Place it correctly and 99% of your brass will land on it.

8. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have grandkids go fetch it.

texdon, crystalphoto and jwdurf like this.
  9. Conman

Conman Well-Known Member

I use this while out in the back meadow...it gets about 90 percent - some firearms just do not cooperate with throwing all the empties to the same place!!
    Brass Magnet Nylon Mesh Shell Casing Collection Net
    The BRASS MAGNET is a 100"x 144" nylon mesh shell…