The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Garandaholic
9,890 Posts
Hi, new to this forum, I'm from PA. Just wanted to see who else may have K98s or might collect them.:cool:
Welcome to the forum. Hopefully in the not too distant future I'll be looking to start shopping for a WW2 K98. Might have to hit you up for some advice :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, sounds like there are some collectors here (or even shooters) of Mausers. Specifically, I collect only matched, untouched WW2 era K98ks and also the contract guns that were manufactured for the wehrmacht- g98/40, g33/40, g24(t), etc

·
Registered
314 Posts
My first mauser is a yugo model 98. It's really a German 98k scrubbed mauser with the yugo crest on it. The German action is smooth as glass to operate. I got a original german
98k 8mm mauser at a yugo price.

The DWM manufactured mausers for south America are nice too. I like the 7mm mauser round too.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Beth; Do you like the 7mm mausers too?

At first I wanted to collect every mauser that was manufactured since the beginning, but when I found out there were over 1,000 + different mausers I gave up that thought and settled for a few in 8mm, in 7mm, in 6,5mm and In 7,65mm.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm picking up a 1917 GEW98 this week. I have a 1908 Sweedish Mauser 6.5x55, a 1914 Swedish Mauser carbine and a M48 Yugo Mauser. also thinking about buying a 1900 Swedish Mauser, but if I can wait long enough the fever will pass lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.