The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I was given a Colt 1902 Sporting .38ACP by my Great Aunt. She informed me the gun was her dads and that he was in the CIA. No idea if this gun had anything to do with the CIA though. From my research based on the markings on the side of the gun and on the bottom of the magazine the gun was made in 1902-1903. The thing that puzzles me is that there is not a serial number anywhere on the gun and no sign of it being grinded off. could this be a "lunchbox" gun? Could it be that it was CIA issued and had no serial number? The gun is in good condition. What do you think this gun would be worth? I dont plan on ever selling it and would like to get it cleaned up and restored....is that a bad idea?

Attachments

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, there are two small spots on both grips. Was this gun originally blued or was it nickel color. It obviously has not been cleaned at all in a very long time! What is the best thing to use when cleaning an old gun like this...i would like to get all the grime off of it! Still awesome to hold a gun that is over 100 years old that is still in working order!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.