The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Point well noted regarding the refinish. It still has a value though. Is $450 the general consensus? It will definitely be a shooter. Something he took in trade for some work done years ago. I looked up the serial number on Colt's site. Appears it was manufactured in 1943. The only firearm listed with that serial number. That would mean it's the only firearm Colt has manufactured in it's 166 year history with that serial number? Just curious if that is common or not? Thanks very much.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
While as a collector piece, it is highly unfortunate that these parts were refinished - it is still a very nice pistol. I think that if it were sold for $450, somebody will have made a fantastic purchase. I'm thinking (maybe wrong) that this pistol could fetch over $650 as just a shooter at a gun show easy. Would have been double that if the original parkerized finish was intact with a correct Colt GI slide.

·
Registered
17,687 Posts
I paid 225 for mine, but that was back in about 1982? I believe. Gave my brother one for Christmas the next year. I believe it had gone up another 25 bucks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts