Colt 1991A1 Fails to Feed

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 24, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Scott
    (5/7/02 8:37:35 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All 1991 Colt
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a Colt 1991 A1 that jams every so often. I have cleaned the pistol and it still occurs about once every 50 rounds. I use several Colt and several after market magazines, but it happens regardless of the mag. in the pistol. Any suggestions ?

Tac401
    Administrator
    (5/7/02 10:45:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: 1991 Colt
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Someone will be along shortly to help with your
    problem.
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/7/02 11:03:11 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Describe the type of malfunction...
    We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

bondai
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/7/02 11:03:55 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: 1991 Colt
    What exactly do you mean by jam ?Stove pipe, failure to extract, failure to eject? What kind of ammo are you using.

Sorry doc, go ahead....

Edited by: bondai at: 5/8/02 12:05:43 am

Scott
    (5/8/02 6:08:28 pm)
    Hi, It fails to chamber the next round. It becomes lodged in front of the chamber. So I guess it fails to extract the next round. I have been using Winchester FMJ 230g ammo....

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (5/8/02 6:50:01 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    If the slide on forward travel is having trouble feeding a round into the chamber, that is normally a magazine problem. The Colt mags in the 1991 series are nothing to brag about, and you dont list which aftermarket ones you are trying.

Wilson Combat is the best magazine on the market for the 1911 pattern guns. Which mags have you tried?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com
    Master Dealer for Kimber, Wilson Combat and Dan Wesson

Scott
    (5/8/02 8:03:44 pm)
    The after market magazines were given to me, and they have no manufacturer markings. One Colt magazine came with the pistol. I purchased 3 used Colt mags. The pistol did not chamber a round all of these, with the exception of 1 used Colt magazine.... Where can I purchase Wilson Combat magazines ?....Thank you, Scott