The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I just did a complete breakdown of my Colt 1911 .22 & I can't seem to remove the firing pin & extractor. Also after removing the mainspring housing it has a pin to remove to clean the mainspring inside of it but it won't come out.

Thanks for your help

·
Banned
6,877 Posts
Punch in colt .22 disassembly u tube if u don't see anything there i am sure one of the guys on here will help u

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Not much on COLT 22. But lots on gsg and Sig. Not exactly like the colt but I don't think there is much difference in the slide. Here's one video.. this guy is good and knows these sig 22. I'm sure if you go through his vid's he has a take down of the slide on the Sig. In fact, I know he does. He sent me a copy of a video to help do my slide. If I find it I;ll send it to you, but I know Nick has a video on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRD6ZHcBE7A

·
Administrator
32,507 Posts
Hello

I just did a complete breakdown of my Colt 1911 .22 & I can't seem to remove the firing pin & extractor. Also after removing the mainspring housing it has a pin to remove to clean the mainspring inside of it but it won't come out.

Thanks for your help
If like a 1911, take a small punch and lightly press in on the firing pin and lift upward.
To remove the pin from the mainspring housing: Depress the mainspring with the same punch. Then push out the small pin while keeping pressure on the mainspring.

If it isn't like a 1911, you're on your own. :eek:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not much on COLT 22. But lots on gsg and Sig. Not exactly like the colt but I don't think there is much difference in the slide. Here's one video.. this guy is good and knows these sig 22. I'm sure if you go through his vid's he has a take down of the slide on the Sig. In fact, I know he does. He sent me a copy of a video to help do my slide. If I find it I;ll send it to you, but I know Nick has a video on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRD6ZHcBE7A

Thank you, I will check out the video

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If like a 1911, take a small punch and lightly press in on the firing pin and lift upward.
To remove the pin from the mainspring housing: Depress the mainspring with the same punch. Then push out the small pin while keeping pressure on the mainspring.

If it isn't like a 1911, you're on your own. :eek:
Shooter

It's a bit different (the slide) extractor & firing of the 1911 .45. The pin in the mainspring housing is not budging when I press it in with a punch.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shooter
The utube video above is it. Tomorrow I will do a break down on the slide. Thanks for help though

1 - 19 of 19 Posts