Colt 32

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NCRaceGrl, Apr 21, 2009.

1. NCRaceGrl

NCRaceGrl New Member

I have a really nice Colt 32 (302398) and my problem is I can't get a new/or used magazine for it.. I was told to checkout a website and buy several and one might fit. I was also approached by someone who wanted to buy it, but I have not idea how much it's worth. I've attached a few photos, I'm hoping u can see them. I'm new at this. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. islenos

islenos Active Member

3. NCRaceGrl

NCRaceGrl New Member

4. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Nice looking pistol. Sorry I can not be of any service to your inquirely. Good luck on finding what you are looking for.

5. czoom

czoom New Member

Nice looking gun. Yikes do some searching on google you will find something!

6. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    I can tell you it was made in 1919, and is in very good condition:):). I have one that I would never part with as it belonged to Grandad. I have seen extra clips for them at gun shows and on line. Some research might help. If you do go to a gun show, take it with you, unloaded of course, and make sure the mag fits. Since Colt only made 1 .32 auto, you shouldn't have too much trouble in your quest. Good luck. TJ

7. LDBennett

LDBennett Well-Known Member

NCRaceGrl:

Value for a gun is what you can get someone to pay for it. Almost any original Colt of any model is valuable if in better than average condition, as yours appears to be. This particular model (Colt pocket pistol, Model 1903) is a sweetheart. I love mine. It is remarkable accurate for a small carry gun. I bought mine over ten years ago. Mine had been refinished which lowers its value but I paid $250 then. Any original one, like yours, today should be worth in excess of $500. But the Bluebook of gun values that every dealer has would define it much better, or a trip to a gun show. But don't sell it. It is a real keeper. I'll never sell mine!

LDBennett

8. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

yep colt pocket hammerless type/model m 1903. triple k sells after market magazines for this gun. but their quality is hit or miss. there is also a company that sells replacement magazine springs for this gun so you could rebuild a magazine if need be. also check out the colt forum web site i've seen some for sale there resently but please be sure you're sitting down when you see the prices being asked for these things. you can also get a up to date estimated value from the people there. the book value no longer applies to colts the market has gone wild

9. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I emailed Numrich last night, got a reply this morning. Both their 32 and 380 magazines for the Model M are aftermarket replacements, not original. And they're out of them. They suggested I check back in June.

10. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

numrich claimed last august the last 2 colt factory magazines were sold.... to me :D i have used the triple k and out of the 3 i bought 2 were and still are good but i did replace the springs

11. Popgunner

Popgunner Active Member

Am I seeing in your bottom photo that your pistol has a mag in it?

12. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    There certainly appears to be a mag in the photo. Maybe she just wants an extra:p. TJ