The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is a 1910 1st generation colt .45. The serial number is 313109. Does anyone have any idea of the value?
upload_2016-10-20_10-25-59.jpg
upload_2016-10-20_10-28-12.jpg
upload_2016-10-20_10-29-42.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,990 Posts
That might be one a Colt letter would be of great benefit.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I agree.

Not only do the screwholes look dished, but most of the pony appears to be polished away.

Reactions: carver

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
I'm far from an expert guys, but along with the signs of buffing, shouldn't the hammer and trigger be color cased on an original finish?

·
Premium Member
12,990 Posts
If it was originally blued, yes Griz. If the original, factory finish was nickel I don't know. I'm inclined to agree that's an after market nickel finish which was why I suggested a Colt letter. Regardless it's still a fairly valuable SAA.

·
Registered
10,047 Posts
If it was originally blued, yes Griz. If the original, factory finish was nickel I don't know. I'm inclined to agree that's an after market nickel finish which was why I suggested a Colt letter. Regardless it's still a fairly valuable SAA.
I'm in the same boat as you, I don't know about Colt factory nickel plating, it just seemed odd to me that the hammer and trigger aren't color cased, many other manufacturers of the day didn't plate those parts.

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
I've never gotten a Colt Factory Letter myself (I should!), but I'm thinking that it might just describe the finish as it was shipped. In any event, a factory letter would be really nice to have to go along with the revolver. I agree with Alpo on the "Rampant Colt" being pretty light, but I have had original non re-finished Colts with a light stamping like that. I'm thinking this gun has been refinished, but it is still a nice revolver and will fetch a decent value.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts