colt ace

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by fedupdon, May 5, 2009.

1. fedupdon

fedupdon New Member

bought 2 on the BrandX auction any one have any experince bad or good
    with the colt ace conversion

2. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I have one. Put it on my Gold Cup, and it worked great. Only complaint I ever had was 35-dollar magazines. Since that was in '82, I hate to think what they'd cost now.

You need to keep that floating chamber clean.

3. muddober

muddober Active Member

I have had in years past both the an Colt ACE gun and the Colt Ace conversion kit and I have found neither one to be nearly as accurate as a Kimber kit that now have. As Alpo said that floating chamber needs cleaning regularly.

Ron

4. Monkey Hollow

Monkey Hollow Member

I bought a Service Model Ace new in 1979. Brand new it cost $335. Like the gentlemen above stated, keep the floating chamber clean and you'll have no problems. I still have mine and like it a lot. Getting the feeling of shooting a 1911 with only the cost of .22LR is great.

5. todd51

todd51 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Bought mine in 1982 by trading in my conversion kit on it. I was too lazy to keep switching back and forth. I love it and shoot it a lot. I found the "firing pin" to be more susceptible to "accidental dry fire discharge" and had to replace it. I am very careful now not to let that happen so be warned. Never have had any other problems and the accuracy is quite acceptable.