The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Colt Diamondback 38. Very good to excellent condition.

Don’t have much more on this 1 right now. It is scheduled for delivery on Monday. 2.5” barrel.

·
Super Moderator
40,074 Posts
The 2020 Standard Catalog of Firearms has this:

NIB 1200
Exc 1000
V.G. 650
Good 550
Fair 400
Poor 250

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 2020 Standard Catalog of Firearms has this:

NIB 1200
Exc 1000
V.G. 650
Good 550
Fair 400
Poor 250
Is the 2020 Standard Caralog of Firearms different or better than the Blue Book of gun values? Am I looking in the wrong spot?

·
Super Moderator
40,074 Posts
Let me put it this way, when a dealer buys your gun he looks the value up in the Standard catalog which is more realistic. When he sells you a gun he used the Blue book, he makes a whole lot more money that way.

If you already have the Blue Book why are you asking us for values?

·
Registered
555 Posts
I can't think of a small edc revolver I'd rather have. I get sad every time I see the price on one of those. I wish the lgs had one of those back around 1980 when I was buying a small revolver for my wife. Enjoy. I assume you are the buyer?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let me put it this way, when a dealer buys your gun he looks the value up in the Standard catalog which is more realistic. When he sells you a gun he used the Blue book, he makes a whole lot more money that way.

If you already have the Blue Book why are you asking us for values?
Why would I post in a firearms forum under ask the experts if all they are going to do is spit out flipping book values? You could tell me the book said it was worth a million dollars but I have enough sense to know that I’d need to find the low percentage of people willing to spend that amount on it. Maybe you should reconsider the name of the thread as “save money on book catalog, as “experts” to regurgitate values from a book.
I can't think of a small edc revolver I'd rather have. I get sad every time I see the price on one of those. I wish the lgs had one of those back around 1980 when I was buying a small revolver for my wife. Enjoy. I assume you are the buyer?
yes sir, recently acquired. In fact it was shipped and could not be delivered today. I will receive it Monday. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
40,074 Posts
Why would I post in a firearms forum under ask the experts if all they are going to do is spit out flipping book values? You could tell me the book said it was worth a million dollars but I have enough sense to know that I’d need to find the low percentage of people willing to spend that amount on it. Maybe you should reconsider the name of the thread as “save money on book catalog, as “experts” to regurgitate values from a book.
Because the book is all one has to go by. I paid $500 for mine,

·
Premium Member
9,905 Posts
I want I want I want, mine mine mine, now now now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Because the book is all one has to go by. I paid $500 for mine,
I would think that “the book” (whether $2 or $500) would be a starting point, never an absolute when it came to a professional valuation. I was hoping an “ask the pros” forum would provide me some feedback into its actual value based on the market, desirability and condition of the piece, and any other factors a “pro” would consider. Who doesn’t have access to some sort of online or hard copy print of valuations? Maybe the forum should be titled “list your firearm and we will give you Standard Catalog list values, but only if you don’t have a book yourself”? However, I do appreciate your input into the conditions of each of these (that was beneficial to me, thank you) and yes I understand that condition is highly subjective. I gained more insight by that short post than all the book value listings. The fact that there are zero responses on the Golden Eagle 7000 post and some additional comments on this Colt Diamondback is also very enlightening into the realistic values of these firearms. So for these reasons I thank you and my fellow forumites that commented. Kindest regards, yogitx13

1 - 11 of 11 Posts