Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Colt mk111 value

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tommy, May 6, 2009.

1. tommy

tommy New Member

I just traded for a great looking pistol.The very front edge of barrel has thin blueing worn on each side(pencil lead size) & forward edge of cylinder.(maybe from holster)The gun looks new except for this wear.I was told the pistol was bought new in 1972 and never fired very much.Maybe wear from practicing quick draw without firing ? Outside cylinder latching notches show no wear at all.Colt -(Official Police Mk111 38 special CTG )on left side brl.
    Serial#J19091.I have $200 in pistol,is this about right.Thanks anyone.Tommy

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  2. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

picture would be nice but in the condition you describe it's worth about 350 to400 now some may not agree but colt prices have gone off the charts. the MKIII was on improvment over the prior models and they are built like tanks.

3. tommy

tommy New Member

Thanks for input.I did'nt think i over invested,really a great looking pistol.Waiting for camera batt. charge & will post pic. Thanks again Tommy

4. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

very easily a 375 gun you did real good

5. tommy

tommy New Member

oscarmayer:I searched some since on this site and sounds like you're close to value,i really appreciate your input and also for the availabilty to this site.Thanks again to you and also mr.goforth who enlightned me on the US Revolver co. thought to be I.J. with sSs hand grips.The only thing with trading on really neat guns to sell or trade on is i want to keep them all !I have probable 1000 rds. 38 spl. and will have to do some shooting with this Colt.I also own a CVA 36 cal. blk. powder revolver ,so keep your powder dry and i'll be back! Thanks again! Tommy

6. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

i wonder what the book value might be . quick story .... i have a colt lawman MKIII same gun as yours but in 357 . the book claims it's value at 80% is 350.00. mine was in 99% condition and the books didnt state a value for that condition ( at least not the book i was viewing) i was offered 500 for it and have seen the MKIII,s go for ( lawman, trooper ,police postive,officail police etc...) go for 25 to 40% over "book value" . and if you plan on shooting it you'll see it's accurate and reliable, and it's a colt so you'll never lose any money on it.