The Firearms Forum banner

Colt MKIV Gov't Model 45 ACP Series 70 Polished & satin Nickle-Minty

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Jim Hauff 
#1 ·
Howdy all, 1st post and it's right to business....not really. I purchased this pistol in 1987 and haven't shot it much is the past 20 yrs. I was just curious as to the resale value just in case and for insurance purposes. With the economy like it is, you never know.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum LBlack14. You've got a really nice piece there, very shiney. Series 70 is desireable, Nickel plate is not everyone's "cup of tee" but adds a bit of value to those who like that look. From my experience working with dealer's and gunshops - I'd roughly estimate that your piece should have a RETAIL value between $900 and $1000 +/- $100 depending upon the market in your area. NIB value is between $1200 and $1300 - so if you have the box and original papers - you can add $50 - $75, since your piece has been fired. A Dealer will offer you $700 or less in this market. I hope this helps you out - very nice looking gun - almost too nice to shoot, LOL.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum LBlack14. You've got a really nice piece there, very shiney. Series 70 is desireable, Nickel plate is not everyone's "cup of tee" but adds a bit of value to those who like that look. From my experience working with dealer's and gunshops - I'd roughly estimate that your piece should have a RETAIL value between $900 and $1000 +/- $100 depending upon the market in your area. NIB value is between $1200 and $1300 - so if you have the box and original papers - you can add $50 - $75, since your piece has been fired. A Dealer will offer you $700 or less in this market. I hope this helps you out - very nice looking gun - almost too nice to shoot, LOL.
Thanks so much for your reply.

I was young when I bought it and had no idea what I had at the time. I lived in South Florida and worked at an gun shop in Ft. Lauderdale and we had an indoor pistol range right below our apartment. I've put less than 100 rounds through it and I do have the original box and papers. I then quit shooting it after I bought a S&W 686, Ruger Single Six and an S&W 36. This went in the case and that's where it's stayed pretty much ever since except to show it off from time to time.

-Landon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.