1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
Why did he have to use a new frontier Model? Those things look horrible

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
lol My 3rd Gen Ivory handled 45 is a verified squirrel shooter.

·
Premium Member
11,175 Posts
Reactions: shootbrownelk

·
Premium Member
11,175 Posts
Oh..I was being facetious! But, ok. You can bore a hole through a 2X or 4X slightly smaller than the OD of the barrel. Rip it through the center, rosin the inside of the hole, put the barrel in the bored hole, clamp it in a vise and unscrew it. Or, you can clamp two blocks together, bore the hole and use them in the same way. That's how I've always done it. Mike or Gary might have a better way.

·
Registered
9,265 Posts
Oh..I was being facetious! But, ok. You can bore a hole through a 2X or 4X slightly smaller than the OD of the barrel. Rip it through the center, rosin the inside of the hole, put the barrel in the bored hole, clamp it in a vise and unscrew it. Or, you can clamp two blocks together, bore the hole and use them in the same way. That's how I've always done it. Mike or Gary might have a better way.
Yep, that works, but I'm sure Mike will have a barrel vise with the right size inserts and an action wrench. :) BTW, if you don't have any rosin, granulated sugar will work as a substitute.

Sugar will come off in the dishwasher. :)

·
Registered
903 Posts
If you intend to remove the barrel find someone with a wrench that securely clamps on the frame, using a chunk of wood through the cylinder opening is a good way to warp the frame and destroy the pistol.
Also with a new barrel the chamber end must be trimmed to provide correct gap This project should be done on a lathe not a file through the frame opening.

·
Premium Member
9,218 Posts
I do things a bit different I just clamp the barrel in the heavy vise then put a pry bar thru the frame the hit the pry bar intill the frame turns.
There all done.
The barrel has no scratches but you do have to replace the frame BUT the barrel is good.:rolleyes:
Really I use the proper tools to do this job.;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts