The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this Colt SAA in a gun shop. All serial numbers match (162,xxx). From the photos I've seen online, my only concern is if these are the original grips? The action is very tight. The owner does not have a factory letter.

I know these aren't the best photos, but they're all I have right now. Anyone know about this specific pistol? Also, any ideas what it might be worth and if I should make an offer on it?

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hard to say without better pictures and more information. What caliber? The bottom picture seems to show a blued frame, I think it along with the hammer and trigger should be CC hardened.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
It's an early black powder gun (cylinder pin held by screw) and looks reblued to me. The frame and hammer should be case hardened.

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
It has been heavily buffed and reblued. The pictures are not good enough to tell if the grips are original or not.

What is the "right price" depends on how much you want an SAA. I think that one might bring $3000 in spite of its problems, but it is hard to evaluate worked over guns.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts