Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Colt SAA

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Brent B., Dec 4, 2017.

1. Brent B.

Brent B. New Member

I have a Colt .44/40 SAA shipped in 1886. It is in pretty good shape considering its age. I am hoping that I can get an idea of its what it is worth, the best place to sell it and what I should sell it for. Photos attached. Colt Certificate a.jpg barrel 1.jpg barrel 4.jpg cylinder 1.jpg grip 1.jpg side 1.jpg side 2.jpg side 3.jpg bottom01.jpg

Kweeksdraw likes this.
  2. Old Guns

Old Guns Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The gun is in more or less poor condition. I cant tell if the frame was nickel plated or just polished to a bright finish. The ejector assembly is obviously not matched to the gun There is no original finish remaining. The trigger is sitting way too far forwards indicating a broken trigger and possibly hammers as well. It may have the original barrel but you would have to look for a number either on the bottom of the barrel or maybe under the ejector. The grips are replacements as the original would have had an eagle on the bottom half. Still is is an antique Colt Single Action and I would think in the 1300 to 1500 dollar range.

Shrek73 likes this.