The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just came into possession of three pistols that were my uncles before he died about 20 years ago. Since then they were in my mother's attic and I just retrieved them about a week ago and have been trying to figure out everything I can about them. Any help would be greatly appreciated and information I give is my best guess based on scattered information from across websites and forums.

Colt Single Action Army. From the the Serial I am gathering that it was made in 1876 from proofhouse.com. S 24XXX in a few places, 1442 on the cylinder, and 3152 on the inside of the loading port that flips out. Don't see a caliber marking.

Attachments

· Registered
1,101 Posts
Looks like an honest early SAA, barrel shortened from original 7.5", looks like 45 cal marking on trigger guard just behind the trigger, left side. I'd get a Colt letter on it that might give some useful history.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any particular kind of oil? I have a standard cleaning kit for my Shotguns and XD. However, I don't want to potentially do harm to something this old. Any advice or link would be much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.