1. jwdurf

jwdurf Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Where's the shop Firpo? I can be there in the morning with cash :D

Firpo likes this.
  2. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If its real and not refinished it a good deal.

3. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Thanks guys. I don't think it's going anywhere too fast but who knows. So now a dilemma, do I spend mama's money for new carpet on a Colt Viper? She's always understanding but for some reason I'm thinking this one could get me in a little hot water. I guess it's like I said earlier, I need to wait till the 10th of next month to see how my paycheck looks.

4. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

If I spent that kind of money on a gun, I would end up under that carpet.

jwdurf, Big Mak, Firpo and 2 others like this.
  5. rawright54

rawright54 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If you can swing it, go for it. We have a couple of Colt's for sale - a Python, and two diamondbacks - for about the same price, and they're much more common. One of the lot sold immediately, these last three have several people already weighing their options about which children to sell.

Me, I'd never pay that kind of money for a firearm that's too pretty to shoot, but that's just me.;)

Firpo likes this.
  6. Big Mak

Big Mak Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Lol!
    Me too. Maybe through a woodchipper too.

7. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That is one fine handgun. If I bought it I would shoot it. I spent more than that on my last shotgun and I shoot it every week.

jwdurf, Firpo and rcairflr like this.
  8. jwdurf

jwdurf Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'd shoot it myself. Put a deposit on it and pay for it as you save some more money. Layaway.

Firpo likes this.
  9. Firpo

Now there's an idea. I'd still like to see the condition of my next commission paycheck. This will be my first in my new position with my company so I'm not entirely sure how it's going to turn out. I guess it wouldn't keep me from giving him say a $500 deposit. I think I'll stop by and talk with him tomorrow or Thursday. This would be quite the investment as I've never spent this much on a gun before. I really haven't received a definitive answer but I've gleaned from some of the replies that this is a killer deal and the pistol would fetch $4,000 and up. It has been rated at 95% by a qualified person so I'm told, and that was only because it had been fired although it shows zero signs of use.

jwdurf likes this.
  10. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I would be afraid that if I turned the cylinder, the value would go down with every turn!!

rawright54 likes this.
  11. Firpo

I haven't made up my mind entirely but while I'd love to have a Viper in my gunsafe I really have more important things to be spending my money on right now. Things like........a gunsafe for one :D

Heck, I bet I could buy a nice safe (30+ gun) and still have $1000 left to buy a nice shooter. Watch, I'll be posting tomorrow that I signed the DROS.