Combatives, hand to hand, small weapons...

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by Shiva, Aug 16, 2018.

1. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Those kind of things are a last resort when I am in a hand to hand fight that I think I am going to lose. Like if there was a knife involved and I could not draw (For whatever the reason). Hold the arm with the knife take the hits from the free hand and with my free hand.
    GRAB AND RIP.......:eek:
    I was taught VERY young being raised in Phily......
    NO RULES IN A STEET FIGHT.;)
    Kick, grab, bite, poke.:mad:
    The USMC just showed me how and what works best to end it fast.
    I was jumped when I was 10 years old by 3 bigger brats and the police wanted to charge me after it was over because I sunk my teeth into the one kids arm (That was around my face holding me) and he screamed so loud the others took off and left him to go to the hospital to get the chunk of arm sowed back on.:D They did find my broken tooth inside his arm.:rolleyes:
    No one messed around with me after that.
    You know the old saying.
    EVERYONE wants to try out a bad ass but NO ONE messes with a crazy person.
    You just do not know what he will do.:cool:;)
    Mike

rooter and Kvasir like this.
  2. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

I second that!

3. goofy

goofy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Making me angry does nothing.
    Just do not jump me and put me in a corner and try to hurt me or my family.
    I don't get angry anymore just upset.
    I am just one person and there are many and many other people just like me out there (Those that have the same training I got) I bet the reason you do not hear about those is we try (And do) walk away from a confrontation rather then fight.
    I was saying what I would do if jumped not when someone trys to get me angry.
    Mike

4. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

Daddy is a marine... He taught me quite a bit of what he knows.

goofy likes this.
  5. Don Fischer

Don Fischer Well-Known Member

I think they cal that Thi Quando, probably spelt wrong. The art of dirty fighting.

6. GWinOK

GWinOK Member

Interesting discussion. I’m a 2nd degree black belt in Judo. I am 60 now and I have handed off my club to my assistant coach earlier this year. I still practice about once a week, but mostly to teach. I had four state champions from my club last year. I used to offer classes in Judo-based self-defense for women. An attacker is most likely to take a woman to the ground or to entrap her in an enclosed area. Judo chokes and arm locks don’t depend on strength and they work in the back of a car, a dorm room, an elevator, etc. It doesn’t rely on strength or speed. Strength and speed are good assets to have, but the techniques themselves work without them.

rawright54 likes this.
  7. rawright54

rawright54 Philogynist & Sycophant, Looking For Work Supporting Member

I was 54 when my school closed, and 6 weeks from testing for my 3rd Dan in Hapkido and Tae Kwon Do. I never felt better in my life, nor more confidant in my ability to control a bad situation. That was the most challenging thing I ever attempted, and I was pleased to find that I'm good at it. Now I'm 65, and I have little time for practice, so I'm getting fat and flabby again - that's going to change this year. But in the meantime, I carry a P938 to buy me time to get to my truck. There I keep a 1911 and lots of ammo.

I've never lost a fight in the first five miles, and I don't intend to let that change.

Empty_Holster and Alaska444 like this.
  8. drymag

drymag Well-Known Member

The mind was once young and fearless, but today the body fails to cooperate at that level. Intersticial muscle tissues that use to glide are now forever joined. Torn tendons and ligaments with surgeries have eventually taught me the lesson to change direction. The limberness is gone and is now is a potential disabling tear waiting to occur. Now wisdom must replace ego if survival is tested.
    I find carrying a knife, the larger sabre red maximum strength pepper spray, a hammerless 442 38 bug in the uncle mikes pocket holster with a fulll sized 9mm sr9 owb on the hip with a strong desire to heed and practice the lessons of the firearms insurance providers on collision avoidance, etc are best for myself these days. Justice usually is not just, but political in nature. Be aware of your surroundings and stay away from those places where defensive needs may be called upon. Better to walk away with your bank accounts still in the bank than to end up giving them to a loser or the loser's family.

Don Fischer and Suicide*Ride like this.
  9. Don Fischer

Don Fischer Well-Known Member

Well said!!!!!!!!!!!!

drymag likes this.