Coming to a Walmart near you!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BlueDragonLair, Jul 3, 2020.

1. BlueDragonLair

BlueDragonLair Well-Known Member

Saw in news today that Walmart is partnering with film company to open 160 Drive-Ins in their parking lots. Said could pickup snacks through Walmart Curbside Pickup.
    Guess they gonna cover all bases to stay on top as entertainment complex both inside and out!
    Come on down, drop kids off in daytime to wander around store with heads glued to smartphones and now learn the fun adventures of their grandparents with drive-in movies! Wonder if the will have "Buck Night". You know on Wednesday fill car/truck plum full get in for $1/load!

2. Virginia Patriot

Virginia Patriot Well-Known Member

Wal-mart is like a virus...getting their hands into everything just like Amazon!

3. howlnmad

howlnmad Old Guy Doing Things Moderator Supporting Member

4. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Garandaholic Supporting Member

And just like a virus it eventually kills the host.

5. SilasW

SilasW Well-Known Member

I truly don't understand WM. The local one here has nothing to sell. I avoid going there if at all possible, but once in a while it's easier if I'm in town. The food section is picked over with only a few items left. Sporting goods is a joke. Not just the guns/ammo, even the fishing supplies are gone. The tire and oil center (where one of my son's worked) has been closed for months and nobody knows when it will open.
    I see Walmart trucks all over. There's no way people are buying all this up. Either the resupplies aren't coming in or they just aren't putting them out. Luckily I have other places to get what I want. There are a ton of people who think there's no other option available to them though.

BlueDragonLair likes this.
  6. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Garandaholic Supporting Member

You sure have that right.
    Worst of all, they're creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

shootbrownelk likes this.
  7. Rae Harrison

Rae Harrison Well-Known Member

Our Walmart is just plain cleaned out....

8. accident

accident Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Even though we have a Wal-mart only a couple of miles away I always try to buy elsewhere. I do buy something there occasionally but not that often. I would estimate that probably 90% of the employees are minority. They are rude and not much help if you need help. Most of the time they stand around (the employees), and talk amongst themselves, or push buttons on their cellphones, ignoring you if you ask a question like asking the price on an unmarked item. This happened to me just yesterday about a window a/c. Unfortunately our Lowes here is the same way. Maybe I should just be happy that they actually have jobs. Rant over.

CCHolderinMaine likes this.