The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

My Commemorative I bought years back, Never shot it but this week I will for the first time. I have the box, display case with papers.

Regards

·
Premium Member
13,016 Posts
I like it, I would shoot it too.

·
Super Moderator
41,317 Posts
That shor is purty! If I own a gun, it will be shot. Welcome to the forum GzzV.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I believe I would sell her to someone that collects and buy I couple to shoot. I would end up shooting that one and messing the purdy out of it. She is a beauty.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Hey, I remember when those came out. Drooled over that one in the local shop when I was too young to even know what an 1911 was besides a Colt.
Always thought it was a purty rendition. Not overly dolled up...just enough to stand out.

I suppose some collector might may a premium for it but I would go out and shoot it just because I could too. I don't have safe queens in my stash either. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Both Colt and Winchester have made far too many commemoratives for them to ever have much collector value. They generally keep pace with shooter versions of the same gun.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Both Colt and Winchester have made far too many commemoratives for them to ever have much collector value. They generally keep pace with shooter versions of the same gun.
I agree, I think TALO has something to do with the commemoratives. The grips on this Colt are Talo grips. I replaced the original with these.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts