The Firearms Forum banner

181 - 200 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I did like the old format much better. So many gun forums have gone to this one. Sadly most of them I won't be visiting much anymore if any since they were niche forums for me. I suppose I'll get used to it.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
i was reading an older thread, and the date a post was make has x months ago on it. others on a different thread have a day month and year. why?
reason for the question was information i know to be on the thread is date important to me. so why do it two different ways? and the day of the month MAY be important.

rick

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
Don’t know if it’s because I use my iPhone but enlarging pictures stinks with the upgrade. I used to be able to adjust the zoom 0-100, now it appears to only do no zoom or max. Problem with that is often when enlarging to the max details get all fuzzy. Makes it difficult to help with certain technical questions ie couldn’t help a guy with an SKS front sight question.

·
Administrator
11,360 Posts
See if the Dot in the profile avatar at the top of the page can be made Red in both Light an Dark Modes.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,225 Posts
I have seen quite a few old threads re-opened--threads that are anywhere from two to 15 years old or older. Are these coming from the "suggested reading" at the bottom of a page? I never bother looking at them, let alone reading them.

·
Super Moderator
39,037 Posts
I have seen quite a few old threads re-opened--threads that are anywhere from two to 15 years old or older. Are these coming from the "suggested reading" at the bottom of a page? I never bother looking at them, let alone reading them.
I got into a new habit yesterday. Every time I look at a thread and finish reading it, I go to those threads listed as "Recommended Reading" below and I have been closing any that are over 2 years old. We have always asked every member to start new threads and NOT open older ones, but now we have this new software shoving them down our throats.

·
Premium Member
9,515 Posts
Yup, I noticed that earlier today. Under suggested reading it was listing threads from 2013. In fact, here are the three appearing at the bottom of this thread right now.

10EBFDA7-B947-43AA-B966-67F3C4539A59.png

·
Administrator
11,360 Posts
Some alerts are taking up to 23 hours to show up when someone does something like start a new thread.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,225 Posts
Should there be a poll--does anyone use the "recommended reading" threads?

I once clicked the "no" (Did you find the recommended readng relevant to this discussion) button and was then given a long list of options why it might not be relevant. None of the proposed options applied. My answer would have been something like "None of them interest me, and I prefer to select my own relevant reading, not let a computer select it."

It strikes me that if the developers want to make this software lean and mean, they should eliminate that "recommended reading" list because it takes up computer time searching for those threads, and then posting them to the thread, especially if they have been customized for me and for you.

Reactions: howlnmad and Aspeck

·
Premium Member
7,595 Posts
Should there be a poll--does anyone use the "recommended reading" threads?

I once clicked the "no" (Did you find the recommended readng relevant to this discussion) button and was then given a long list of options why it might not be relevant. None of the proposed options applied. My answer would have been something like "None of them interest me, and I prefer to select my own relevant reading, not let a computer select it."

It strikes me that if the developers want to make this software lean and mean, they should eliminate that "recommended reading" list because it takes up computer time searching for those threads, and then posting them to the thread, especially if they have been customized for me and for you.
I consider them clickbait and don’t even look. They can go away and I won’t miss them.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
member location was a part of identification for many of us in old forum. this was a discussion not too long ago. GONE. why? i liked it. it would help explain a post if the posters location could be seen. example would be a weather report of current conditions. will it come back? there have been a lot of questions on this thread, not many answers. especially lately. what is up with that? is cricket done?

rick

·
Super Moderator
39,037 Posts
member location was a part of identification for many of us in old forum. this was a discussion not too long ago. GONE. why? i liked it. it would help explain a post if the posters location could be seen. example would be a weather report of current conditions. will it come back? there have been a lot of questions on this thread, not many answers. especially lately. what is up with that? is cricket done?

rick
Not gone, just not as easy as before. If a member has allowed it to show, all you need to do is put your cursor on the little flag over on the left and hold it there for a second or two, the information will show up. I see that you have allowed it in your profile so when I put my cursor on your flag I see that you are from sand mountain alabama.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Not gone, just not as easy as before. If a member has allowed it to show, all you need to do is put your cursor on the little flag over on the left and hold it there for a second or two, the information will show up. I see that you have allowed it in your profile so when I put my cursor on your flag I see that you are from sand mountain alabama.
you are right. not as easy! is this an improvement? NO some things do not need to be improved on. so if we never here from cricket again we must live with the forum as is? "if it is not broke don't fix it" 196 posts? but it got fixed? tell me again why we fixed it? i do not feel alone.

rick

·
No Power Options
13,085 Posts
Feels like "EZ Board" 1.5
Hold your curser over everyone in the thread to see where they are.......boy is that improvement.
Instead of moving forward it feels like we have gone backwards. See first sentence, LMAO

·
9,309 Posts
Feels like "EZ Board" 1.5
Hold your curser over everyone in the thread to see where they are.......boy is that improvement.
Instead of moving forward it feels like we have gone backwards. See first sentence, LMAO
When I hold my cursor on it, I get this.
Screenshot_20201025-140910.png

·
Registered
9,459 Posts
Ted, I get " The Lone Star State" as your location if I mouse over your flag and I get your post count, number of threads you've started, reaction score (likes), age, premium membership and member since if I mouse over your avatar.

181 - 200 of 235 Posts