The Firearms Forum banner

121 - 140 of 207 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,776 Posts
The new forum looks kinds sterile. No matter what the powers that be think, some change is good. Sometimes, not so much. We shall see. The white background does irritate my eyes.
You can change the background. Click on the 3 dots and scroll to the bottom.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
I looked at an older reply of mine and clicked who gave me likes, and couldn’t back out of it. I had to close the forums website and reopen it.

Also. How do I open to read an alert reply to a post or reply I made. The alert notification will open, but I can’t read the reply, nor dose the alert say as what subject the alert was about.

·
GUNZILLA
6,010 Posts
I already have my stuff set aside and ready to take Pictures.
That was going to be my next question. I am on an apple computer, can I still just drag and drop pictures from my library or do I have to use Imgur. Guess I will find out when the time comes.

·
TFFWPP President
13,483 Posts
The small print really bugs my eyes. The concept of having it ver to one side is a very big pet peave. It actually angers me

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
X2..

·
Premium Member
9,369 Posts
Top right corner of your post there are three small vertical dots. Click that and edit is a choice. Now I’ve read you only have 14 minutes to make changes so don’t dawdle.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Thanks Mark. I thought I clicked on that but evidently not.

·
Administrator
Test Now
76 Posts
How do edit a post or reply after it has been posted ?
How To Edit A Post

Click on the 3 vertical dots to the far right of the timestamp. Select “Edit”.

Members have unlimited editing of new posts for the first 24 hours after posting. Up to 10 existing posts (older than 24 hours) may be edited per week. More editing will be allowed as each of those 10 edits expires every 7 days.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
Test Now
76 Posts
OK something that i noticed that has changed is when you post to a thread your avartar will show up on the left side of the screen overlapped over the original's poster avatar. Ex; on the Introduction forum if i posted a welcome to the new guy's post my avatar would show up that i posted to his thread. That way you don't have to look back thru all the posts to see if you already posted to it. It helps me cause i never can remember if i already welcomed someone.:(
How To Know If You Posted In A Thread

Step One:
Check your preference settings by clicking on your account settings under your avatar near the upper right-hand side of the community.

That will bring you to a new page with some left-side navigation. Select preferences.

Step 2: Make sure you have a checkmark in "Automatically watch content you interact with" and then click save.

Step 3: Now when you check popular or new posts you will see an "eye" under the title area.

It will also show on the thread list within a forum section.

·
Administrator
Test Now
76 Posts
I have searched everywhere and cannot find out how I can get my Signature back like it was in the last forum we had.
Can someone please give this dummy some simple directions?
Thanks.
Every member can CHOOSE how they view signatures. :)

How To Create A Signature

Your signature can include up to 4 lines, a maximum of 1000 characters and one link. An image counts as a line. Anytime you hit "enter" on your keyboard, it will automatically go to a new line. Images will automatically be resized to 300 x 200 pixels. You can see more options in your settings to collapse signatures, always view full signature, or to not see signatures at all. The choice is yours.

Both guests and members can view signatures.

If a user has their preferences set to the default they will see collapsed signatures as in the example below for them. (They can click to see more.)

If a user has their preferences set to always show expanded signatures it will look like the example below for them. Your image can be clicked to view full size.

If you want to adjust your preferences for signatures you can click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select account settings.

In the left side navigation, you will see an option for preferences. Click it.

Scroll down to content options and select your signature preferences.

·
Administrator
Test Now
76 Posts
Without asking a bunch of questions I discovered what I think is the way to send Privet messages. I may have to bug a couple members to confirm my thoughts View attachment 237470
How To Find Conversations (Private Messages)

From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on your avatar to open the drop-down menu and select “conversations”.

·
Administrator
Test Now
76 Posts
That was going to be my next question. I am on an apple computer, can I still just drag and drop pictures from my library or do I have to use Imgur. Guess I will find out when the time comes.
You can drag/drop or copy/paste.

You can also upload through the insert image icon if you prefer.

How To Upload Images To Posts

Start your post and normal and then click on the insert image icon.

It will pop up telling you to drag an image there or click. If you drag and drop it, you will see it show up in your post. If you click, it will allow you to navigate to where it is on your computer.

Then just click the image so it adds the file name for you, then click on open.

Finish adding any content and then simply post your reply.

·
Administrator
Test Now
76 Posts
Can someone explain the "Recommended Communities" is about?
Same format but strange stuff that has no bearing on a firearms forum.
Strange...
VerticalScope acquired Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group) in 2018, the owner of thefirearmsforum.com. Operations have continued under previous management with no interruption and will continue to do so. As such you may see other VS, Carbon Media, or Second Media properties in the recommended sites widget in the sidebar.

That being said, we are working with the developers to hopefully improve the sites it displays to be more relevant.

- Cricket

·
Premium Member
7,517 Posts
I’m not seeing the test forum. Not a big deal but I wanted to see if we could post a video.
Has anyone tried to post a video?

121 - 140 of 207 Posts