The Firearms Forum banner

141 - 160 of 207 Posts

·
Administrator
Test Now
76 Posts
what are "push notification"? why would i want them?
Push Notifications

The community offers push notifications if your browser's permissions allow it. You may see a popup in the community allowing you to enable these permissions for the site.

You can also enable/disable push notifications by clicking on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and selecting “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu.

You will now see left side navigation. Select “Preferences”.

Scroll down to Push Notifications to set your preferences.

Enabling push notifications will enable them for this device only. If you log out of this device, you will need to re-enable push notifications.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Will take some time to get used to the new format. I miss the "recent post" bar that made looking for new posts and subjects easier. Sometimes change is good and sometimes not. At least TFF is still allowed to exist. The way things are going everywhere around us that alone is is something to be thankful for.

·
Premium Member
9,236 Posts
Will take some time to get used to the new format. I miss the "recent post" bar that made looking for new posts and subjects easier. Sometimes change is good and sometimes not. At least TFF is still allowed to exist. The way things are going everywhere around us that alone is is something to be thankful for.
To see recent posts just hit the circle that says NEW in the upper right of your screen to the left of your advitare

·
TFF Chaplain
18,916 Posts
I ended up having to open the threads and look manually to see whether I'd said hello, I miss having that mini Grizzley1 icon on threads I have replied on.
I have been trying since yesterday to figure out how to make it show what threads I have already posted on.
In the general forum thread list (General Discussion, Introduction Forum etc.) I see a little eyeball next to threads I have posted on. I don't see that symbol if I have looked at it or "liked" something on that thread.

I look at the right hand column to see when the last comment was posted and try to remember if I looked at that thread before or after that time.

I just discovered the thread title changes from bold to normal if I have looked at it.

·
Super Moderator
38,599 Posts
In the general forum thread list (General Discussion, Introduction Forum etc.) I see a little eyeball next to threads I have posted on. I don't see that symbol if I have looked at it or "liked" something on that thread.

I look at the right hand column to see when the last comment was posted and try to remember if I looked at that thread before or after that time.

I just discovered the thread title changes from bold to normal if I have looked at it.
Bill, if you go to any of those threads that have the the little eye and look at the upper right hand corner on any page of the thread. If you see a white box with the word "unfollow" with a (-) sign in red in the white box, then that means that every post you have made, made you follow that thread and that is why the little eye shows up next to the name of the thread. I figured that out when I kept getting "alerts" when anyone posted in those threads.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Time marches on. There were alot of things I liked about the 1950s but I can't bring them back. There were alot of things I really like about the older forum format, but I don't own this forum and like so any things in life, we can't have everything our way.

This reminds me of supermarkets. You finally know where everything is, you can get in and out quickly, you're comfortable in the store and then some young whipper snapper goes and changes everything for what he thinks is for the better.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Once you get to the bottom, click on "Dark Mode". I find that easier on the eyes.
Just shows everyone has their own preference... the black background is disturbing to my eyes. And the blue font that Rooter uses is REALLY hard to read in Dark Mode. I am glad we have the option. Dark Mode for those that prefer it and Light Mode for weirdos like me!

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Registered
127 Posts
you have changed the forum and now I cant find the "ongoing" private messages" and I can't tell if I'm logged in, or not???? how do I get to my 'private messages'?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
How do edit a post or reply after it has been posted ?
To reply, either just start typing in the text box below the last post, or press the reply button to quote the post to which you are replying.

To edit your post, tap on the 3 dots across from your screen name at the top of the post. Select edit and edit away ...

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Super Moderator
38,599 Posts
you have changed the forum and now I cant find the "ongoing" private messages" and I can't tell if I'm logged in, or not???? how do I get to my 'private messages'?
Look in the upper right hand corner and you will see your avatar. Click on the avatar and you will see a drop down liste. The fourth item down on that list is your PMs, now called Conversations. When you get a PM (conversation) or alert, a small dot will appear in the upper right corner of your avatar. If the forum shows up, you are logged in and again your avatar will appear up there on the right

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
As I get used to the new lay out, and new features I am beginning to like it more and more. But I also know that each person has his or hers own learning curve. I do miss some features from the previous lay out but that doesn't mean I will complain, I more likely might ask a question or make a suggestion to the Admins. I do miss the old Smileys though.

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
Push Notifications

The community offers push notifications if your browser's permissions allow it. You may see a popup in the community allowing you to enable these permissions for the site.

You can also enable/disable push notifications by clicking on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and selecting “Account Settings” from the drop-down menu.

You will now see left side navigation. Select “Preferences”.

Scroll down to Push Notifications to set your preferences.

Enabling push notifications will enable them for this device only. If you log out of this device, you will need to re-enable push notifications.
try again! what are they? try speaking my language, [not tech talk]. push what, where, ect.

·
Premium Member
17,229 Posts
How To Know If You Posted In A Thread

Step One:
Check your preference settings by clicking on your account settings under your avatar near the upper right-hand side of the community.

That will bring you to a new page with some left-side navigation. Select preferences.

Step 2: Make sure you have a checkmark in "Automatically watch content you interact with" and then click save.

Step 3: Now when you check popular or new posts you will see an "eye" under the title area.

It will also show on the thread list within a forum section.
wow it seemed so much easier back in the day when i could visually see my avatar attached to the original poster. But thanks for your response.

·
Garandaholic
9,381 Posts
I hang around on a few forums. The GTO forum is one. I always liked coming here as the layout seemed so much more sensible than the GTO forum.
Started a new job, haven't been on in a bit. Tonight is my first time back.
Oh no....this is the software the GTO forum uses :(
Such is life.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
On the smartphone, only half the screen shows Forum content. The rest is pop-up ads (no, ad blocker is not an option for me), headers, other non useful formatting.
Reading content is difficult.
Navigation is difficult. I realize any "change" means a learning curve, but some choices made here were not user friendly.
This forum is too cluttered with no useful stuff. Having worked 24 years in It myself, I can only chalk this up to poor programming.
Not just sour grapes on my part, it is really difficult.

Reactions: Empty_Holster

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
How to go back and edit a post just made?

·
Junior Advanced Senior Member In Training
7,256 Posts
three buttons on right side of post

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Mabye this was answered already. If I try Dark Mode and find I dont like it can I just as easily switch back. sounds like a silly question I know. but a couple years ago I was in a chat room and only a moderator or Admin was able to switch it back.

141 - 160 of 207 Posts