The Firearms Forum banner

161 - 180 of 207 Posts

·
TFF Chaplain
18,916 Posts
wow it seemed so much easier back in the day when i could visually see my avatar attached to the original poster. But thanks for your response.
Look for an eye symbol next to the OP on a thread. That indicates you have replied to the thread. That replaces the mini-avatar. The thread title goes from bold to normal if you have opened it, and back to bold if there is a new post since you opened it last.

Reactions: Aspeck and tedwitt

·
GUNZILLA
6,010 Posts
Anyone else getting a recommended reading lists with posts that are old like from eleven years ago! Was wondering if stuff like this would use up too much bandwidth ?

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
I just discovered the thread title changes from bold to normal if I have looked at it.
It doesn't change the title to or from bold for me, it's the same, normal, whether I've looked at it or not. I've been running on dark mode as it's easier on my eyes, I just switched back to light mode to see if that made a difference and it doesn't for me.

·
Premium Member
17,229 Posts
It doesn't change the title to or from bold for me, it's the same, normal, whether I've looked at it or not. I've been running on dark mode as it's easier on my eyes, I just switched back to light mode to see if that made a difference and it doesn't for me.
Mine doesn't either. Also looking at the intro forum i don't see any eyes next to the ops avatar showing that i responded to his post. The only eye i see is in the middle of the page for each poster. but that shows up on all threads whether i posted on them or not. It's not a big problem for me. Usually intro threads are usually only 2 pages so i guess i'll just scan both pages to see if i have already welcomed them or not.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Mine doesn't either. Also looking at the intro forum i don't see any eyes next to the ops avatar showing that i responded to his post. The only eye i see is in the middle of the page for each poster. but that shows up on all threads whether i posted on them or not. It's not a big problem for me. Usually intro threads are usually only 2 pages so i guess i'll just scan both pages to see if i have already welcomed them or not.
I can make it show me the eye by turning on the option to automatically watch all threads I've posted on, but I don't want to watch all threads I've posted on. I can manually watch, or follow, as this software calls it and then unfollow later, but that is just one more step, or actually two more I have to do that was an automatic function of the old format.

·
Super Moderator
38,599 Posts
Look for an eye symbol next to the OP on a thread. That indicates you have replied to the thread.
I'm glad that is working for you, it isn't for me!
Anyone else getting a recommended reading lists with posts that are old like from eleven years ago! Was wondering if stuff like this would use up too much bandwidth ?
Yes, I have asked that they just get rid of those and was told that it is being worked on.

·
Administrator
Test Now
76 Posts
Can I ask a huge favor of y'all?

Can we keep all feedback, questions, concerns, requests for help, etc.regarding the new platform here in our Community Feedback thread rather than starting new threads?

The reason this is important is that we will be seeing regular updates which are largely fueled by community feedback. While that doesn't mean we can action every request, it does mean we are actively listening to the feedback and sharing it with the developers. By keeping all of the information in one thread, we can help make sure that we don't miss anything.

Take a moment to browse through our Community FAQs and let us know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
Cricket, on our account details icon we get a little red dot in the upper right corner when we have an alert, what are the chances of having something similar in the corner the OP's avatar on the title line for threads we have made posts on?

·
Administrator
Test Now
76 Posts
Cricket, on our account details icon we get a little red dot in the upper right corner when we have an alert, what are the chances of having something similar in the corner the OP's avatar on the title line for threads we have made posts on?
I can certainly pass that request on to the developers.

For now, there is an eye.

How To Know If You Posted In A Thread

Step One:
Check your preference settings by clicking on your account settings under your avatar near the upper right-hand side of the community.

That will bring you to a new page with some left-side navigation. Select preferences.

Step 2: Make sure you have a checkmark in "Automatically watch content you interact with" and then click save.

Step 3: Now when you check popular or new posts you will see an "eye" under the title area.

It will also show on the thread list within a forum section.

·
Super Moderator
38,599 Posts
Cricket, that did not work for me. When I changed my preferences to those you show, the little eye did show up but I kept getting "Alerts" every time someone posted anything to that (or any) thread that I commented on. I had more alerts than you could shake a stick at, until I went back in and unchecked those boxes.

·
Registered
9,328 Posts
I can certainly pass that request on to the developers.

For now, there is an eye.
Thanks for passing it on, it might be something that would come in handy for other forums that also use this software. I understand how to follow threads to get that eye, but I don't want to follow every thread I ever post on from now on, and yes I can manually follow and unfollow single threads but it's just something I'd rather not have to do and I suspect I'm not the only one.

Reactions: gdmoody

·
TFF Chaplain
18,916 Posts
My comment has been dealt with.

Reactions: Grizzley1

·
Premium Member
9,369 Posts
Hmmmmm, I almost exclusively use an iPhone or iPad and I don’t see any of the adds and zero pop ups. Maybe it has something to do with my being a supporting member. Not sure what else it could be.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
OK question. I commented on a thread my reply is in the thread. However in the reply box still remains my reply AND a preview how do I get rid of it.

·
TFF Chaplain
18,916 Posts
It goes away after a while.

I'm not sure why it does that. Is that a "second thoughts" editing your post feature?

Reactions: tedwitt
161 - 180 of 207 Posts