Company denies workers the right to display Flag ( 1 2 )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Feb 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

KimberRuger
    (9/17/01 7:55:08 am)
    Company denies workers the right to display Flag
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It seems there's a company in Boca Raton, Florida that has ordered their employees to remove the American Flag from their cubicles - on the grounds that it might offend other workers .....

No Flags

Patrick

Zigzag2
    9/17/01 8:11:00 am)
    Re: Company denies workers the right to display Flag
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh, That's just friggin' wonderful! I'll need to look into that

twins
    (9/17/01 8:44:05 am)
    Tell them to piss off.

Display it anyway and then sue em for infringing on your first amendment right if they take it. I really doubt you would lose in court, if it went that far.

gpostal
    (9/17/01 10:20:31 am)
    that's so much bullsh!!t ,well aknadd over here carrying a bomb to work offends me

seriously ,if someone is offended by our American flag they should not be in America ,i understand the prayer with so many religions , but we are all here under one country

Bill Schrempf

N C C I

901 Peninsula Corporate Circle
    BOCA RATON, FL 33487

561-893-1000

Schrempf, Bill & Kay

3211 S Ocean Blvd
    DELRAY BEACH, FL 33483
    561-278-1039

KimberRuger
    (9/17/01 10:26:43 am)
    Hey GPostal - can you find an email address ???

polishshooter
    (9/17/01 10:34:19 am)
    Patrick, GP...

What's the guy's e-mail address? Let's flood the b@st@rds inbox...

"Management exists only to make sensible exceptions to otherwise iron-clad rules."

That truism has been around forever, and seems like it's being ignored here.

ANYBODY that sees the American flag as merely a "Political" statement needs to reexamine his own priorities....

I wonder if women are allowed to wear a Cross, or a Star of David for a necklace? I wonder if they can have pictures of their families? After all, wouldn't gays or single people feel offended?

Heck, my company "Reserves the right" to limit what is worn on uniforms, or what is in offices, but specifically mention only "bad taste, offensive, or other controversial items..." I'd kick a manager in the butt if he said no flags...

Well, I didn't win the Powerball, so I still collect Russian Crap and variants thereof. ( And am darn happy I can!)

gpostal
    (9/17/01 10:51:42 am)
    www.ncci.com/ncciweb/ncci.asp?lf=/myncci/login.asp?resource=/ncciweb/index.asp&mf=ncci_main.asp

President—Regulatory Services
    Helen J. Westervelt
    561-893-3357
    Helen_Westervelt@ncci.com

Senior Division
    Executive—State Relations
    Peter Burton
    610-964-8852
    Peter_Burton@ncci.com

Edited by: gpostal at: 9/17/01 11:53:42 am

Flhunter
    9/17/91
    I left the editor an email asking for their email address. Also
    I called NCCI. After listening to the automated message, I was insturcted to hit 5 in order to talk to Bill Schrempf . I got his voice mail. In that voice mail was a recorded message saying that all employees are now allowed to display the flag and that the company was giving them plus ribbons away.

Guns don't cause crime anymore than flies caues garbage.

gpostal
    (9/17/01 10:58:16 am)
    Company denies workers the right to display Flag
    might try

Bill Schrempf@ncci.com

KimberRuger
    (9/17/01 11:01:59 am)
    Good decision on his part (the company's part, whoever).

But the question remains - what the heck was he thinking in the first place ?

I mean, this IS America - isn't it ?

Patrick

Robert Harden
    (9/17/01 11:07:27 am)
    I agree, but gpostal, are you saying that you think forbiding prayer IS acceptable? Is freedom of religion not a constitutional right?

Living Life as a K-9 Officer / EagleWolf Forum

Discussion topics about Law Enforcement and anything related

- Everyone welcome.

gpostal
    (9/17/01 11:11:47 am)
    no harden ,i am not

i am comparing the difference between many religions and only one country ,America

you can praise any religion you want ,but remember you are in america

Robert Harden
    (9/17/01 11:14:38 am)
    Your on the ball postal, I just left that sucker. I was fixing to get REALLY mad if you told me I couldn't praise Buddha at school no more.

Living Life as a K-9 Officer / EagleWolf Forum

Discussion topics about Law Enforcement and anything related

- Everyone welcome.

Xracer
    (9/17/01 4:22:53 pm)
    Gee, Robert......judging from the Firearms Forum picnic pictures, we've got quite a few members who strongly resemble Buddha.

gpostal

(9/17/01 5:36:36 pm)
    that's not a fat gut ,its a quarter barrel ,there's a tap bellow have a glass

polishshooter
    (9/17/01 10:14:14 pm)
    That's the real reason I didn't go...wanted everybody to continue to picture me as the suave, debonair, carved muscular, Blonde, blue eyed, 30-something, intellectual Spec Ops/Fighter Jock type like I sometimes see myself after a few beers....

OK, MORE than a few...
    Well, I didn't win the Powerball, so I still collect Russian Crap and variants thereof. ( And am darn happy I can!)

guzda
    (9/18/01 7:08:20 am)
    According to some on this board- Freedom of Speech

According to some on this board, getting rid of the flag would be an expression of Free Speech.
    Is this anywhere near those "Dancin' Arab" college students? Maybe we could give' em to them and they could do a bonfire or something.
    In my studies of Labor Relations, almost always, an employee serves at the pleasure of the employer.
    ie, the employee doesn't have very much protection unless it's a civil rights violation and then the proof must be solid. How about sexual harassment, - they're screwin' us?
    Regards,
    Guz

Flhunter
    (9/18/01 7:20:00 pm)
    follow up: NCCI called my house today in reference to the message I left for Bill Schrempf. They told me how sorry he was for what happened and how he issued an apologies to all the employees. The guy(not Bill) went on to say basically the same thing as the automated message said.

My reply was something on the order of " The damage is already done try telling it to someone who cares."

Guns don't cause crime anymore than flies caues garbage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.