Components not available

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by 2A-Jay, May 30, 2020.

1. Larry Isaacs

Larry Isaacs Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Broot, Midway has the Franklin bullet trimmer and prep in stock and on sale. Nice thing as about the Franklin no shell holders are needed. Brownells also has the Wilson case trimmer in stock, again no shell holders.

Larry

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    jwdurf and Broot like this.
  2. sparkyv

sparkyv Well-Known Member

Carter's Country on the west side has plenty of components. I picked up Blue Dot, W231 and LPP on Friday.

My MBC order from three weeks ago was delivered in 6 days.

3. pdkfishing

pdkfishing Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Small disagreement. Maybe better times than others, but, IMHO, no such thing as a bad time to get into handloading. Welcome to the fraternity. :)

jwdurf, sharps4590, joe45c and 3 others like this.
  4. zant

zant Well-Known Member

If you are'nt seriously buying reloading stuff now.....I wonder when you think a good time is....If the wife or whoever wants you to buy crap instead-big screen,new car,etc.....replace them with someone smarter...just sayin.

jwdurf and Larry Isaacs like this.
  5. Broot

Broot Well-Known Mumbler Supporting Member

If you’re responding to me: On the contrary sir - I am buying what I need right now. My point was I picked a time when these goods are in high demand, so acquiring the supplies is not as easy.

jwdurf and joe45c like this.
  6. zant

zant Well-Known Member

NO-not a reply to you.....A general statement after years of having friends and interweb posters whine and cry about reloading supplies being gone....because they were too busy buying meaningless crap when the stores were FULL.I have lost "friends" because they thought I should share my supplies....My reply-I'm not responsible for your stupidity.

7. berneemc

berneemc Member

I buy ammo in bulk and use SGAMMO.COM good prices, selection and large quantities

8. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

zant….regarding your friends..."a lack of planning on their part does not constitute an emergency on your part." A policy I have long lived by and it serves well.

I rarely buy ammo. I do buy 22LR, which I don't shoot much and, ammo for semi-auto handguns, which I soot less than 22 LR. I buy components to MAKE ammo that works optimally in my rifles and revolvers.

jwdurf, Broot, joe45c and 1 other person like this.
  9. zant

zant Well-Known Member

That was the sign I had hanging over my desk......The only ammo I buy(for 25yrs) is .22 and 1 box a year of carry ammo................Funny thing is-I have 7 S/S loaders and have offered one and training to anyone that wants one-NO takers....

sharps4590 and Broot like this.
  10. jwdurf

jwdurf Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have given friends and family reloading supplies (powder,) during shortages, but I didn't t do so because they asked, I just did it because I had a surplus and knew they needed it.

sharps4590 and Broot like this.