Comrade Pelosi

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Marlin T, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Friday, April 10, 2009
    Comrade Pelosi

Despite logic and evidence overwhelmingly to the contrary, Überkommissar Nancy Pelosi this week called for universal firearm registration and prohibitions on interstate transport of guns by citizens:

ROBERTS: Let's bring it back here at home for a moment. There's so many issues on people's minds. This past weekend, and the past week, we've seen a lot of mass shootings.

PELOSI: Yes.

ROBERTS: And the shooter in Pennsylvania, he was stated as saying that part of the reason why he purchased the AK-47, that he feared that under the Obama administration, that you would reinstate the assault weapon ban. And how do you reconcile that with the work that you have to do in trying to stem these types of surges in gun purchases?

PELOSI: Clearly, this is a sick person. So, whatever excuse he uses for his behavior is about that sickness. But, it's important to note that since March 10th to April 5th, 53 people have been the victims of gun violence in our country. Four officers in Oakland, California. But the experience in New York more recent, and even many more people killed. We have to have answers to this. We have to find some level of compromise. Right now, we have the debate in Congress over the District of Columbia, wanting a vote on the floor of the House, something we all want. That's a civil rights issue. And yet, they want to put a gun- a draconian gun bill- attach that to that. I don't think that that should be the price is to pay to have a vote on the floor of the House. But we have to find some middle ground.

ROBERTS: Under the Bush administration, you pretty much said the ball was in their court when it came to reinstating the ban. Now, it's a Democratic President, a Democratic House. So, is the ball in your court where this is concerned?

PELOSI: Yes, it is. And we are just going to have to work together to come to some resolution because the court, in the meantime, in recent months, the Supreme Court has ruled in a very- in a direction that gives more opportunity for people to have guns. We never denied that right. We don't want to take their guns away. We want them registered. We don't want them crossing state lines as this legislation would do in the District of Columbia. We wouldn't tell any other state what to do. But Congress wants to tell the District of Columbia. So, in any event, there's tremendous work ahead on this. And we have to rid the debate of the misconceptions that people have about what gun safety means.

The bill to effect such a scheme -- HR 45, as sponsored by Castro-buddy Bobby Rush of Illinois -- is already introduced in the House.

So on the assumption that Pelosi will get her way as a 'compromise' in the wake of the current media-driven 'guns are scary' campaign, let's think a little about how an interstate-transport provision would be enforced.

Can you say roadblocks, labeled as "gun safety checkpoints"?

A bit of reconnaissance, ranging, and topo sketching at major interstate border crossings would seem to be in order, amigos.

Enjoy the weekend.

2. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Well, I've got to tell you in a firm and positive statement. If Nazi Pelosi intends to prevent me from protecting my family as I venture to visit my in-laws in FL every year then she can go take a flying leap into a crowd of Conservatives at a Tea Party. There's honestly no way a stupid bill will prevent me from protecting my family in transit across state lines if that's what she intends. Right now I am licensed to carry a concealed firearm in SC, GA and FL. I've gone through background checks, classes, and paid fees in multiple states for the right to do this. I feel that's sufficient to protect my family. If some new-age Democrat know-nothing blob of sub-amoeba-minded trash wants to strike that right down by restricting interstate transit of weapons then I have no intention of complying with her law. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009

3. EddieS1967

EddieS1967 Member

Well, Ponycar17, that about sum's it up.

By the way, would you happen to be a Ford man or even possibly>Matt Kenseth fan. I was just wondering about the Ponycar17 name. If so, I promise not to hold it against you, hehe:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I thought about using Intimidator3, but, I was afraid everyone else "would immediately feel unworthy to even gaze upon the sacred name":D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

4. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

Eddie, I am a Ford man. :D I still have a 2005 F150 Supercrew that I drive around. I used to have 2 1993 Mustangs that I kept in tip-top shape. One was set up for handling with numerous suspension mods, and one was set up for the drag strip with a whole lot more money into the car than I'd like to admit. Right now, 1 is dead in the yard and one is sitting in the garage mainly undriven. That's what having a kid will do for you though... With that said, I wouldn't give up the boy for anything the Mustangs offered. I'll have a car nut son before long. :D;)

As far as NASCAR, I tend to prefer the Roush guys. Matt Kenseth is a heck of a driver and Carl Edwards is an all-around entertainer. Now, with that said the 17 has nothing to do with Kenseth. I picked that user name before Kenseth really came onto the scene. 17 is a recurring thing for me. My birthday is on the 17th, my address for most of my life contained 17, and my first real job extension was 1717. Yeah, I find that odd too.. :D

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  5. Deputy Dawg

Deputy Dawg Well-Known Member

I wonder what she would say, if she knew that most of the small town LEO's that I know are buying these types of weapons and all of the ammo they can afford for just in case.I failed to mention we all live in Texas.