The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
*VMBB Senior Chief Of Staff*
26,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Late Afternoon All...Today, within hours of each broadcasted information, it
told of the Pfiser vaccine and its availability at leading drug stores and comparable
locales to be administered to the citizens...Earlier it told of the physical storage
requirements for the vaccine and it mentioned a minus 110 degrees F. I know of
no commercial refrigeration systems to walk the temps down that low...Whereby,
I further know from teaching about cold storage products, that Absolute Zero is
defined at a minus 459 degrees F. and that temperature of course has never been
actually arrived at...If this vaccine were available to the citizenry, I would go right
up the street to Walgreens for the stuff... Has anyone been privy to other applicable
infor to clear these bit up?
Why Pfizer's ultra-cold COVID-19 vaccine will not be at the ...
www.reuters.com › article › why-pfizers-ultra-cold-cov...

3 days ago — Why Pfizer's ultra-cold COVID-19 vaccine will not be at the local pharmacy any time soon ... NEW YORK (Reuters) - Work to distribute the experimental ... They can be kept in an ultra-low temperature freezer for up to six

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Good pick up Rooter. Yes, this is NOT the traditional type of vaccine. It is in my own opinion, more of a treatment than a vaccine in that it is RNA based eliciting an immune response not to the RNA but from the RNA. I am not aware of any other vaccines prior to this that have already been in use. I will double check that, but not sure I want to use this one until a million or so have already used and we have post marketing surveillance on it.

·
Registered
6,010 Posts
Here is a review of all the vaccines in development around the world. I had to dig to find this. You would have thought it was easier to get info on such an important topic. The concern I have on the RNA "vaccines" is this is a new technology which always opens the door to unknown side effects. I have no direct knowledge of any proven side effects, but new is not always better.

Reactions: rooter

·
Premium Member
3,863 Posts
I am just a pessimist about the entire OMG Virus thing. I do not trust any person or company or politician on this subject.
I do know it was played for the political value both sides attempted to get out of it.
IF they come up with a vaccine I will not be involved in testing it.

Reactions: Alaska444
1 - 4 of 4 Posts