The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all the reasearch ive done on this pistol just confuses me more so i was hoping someone out there knows what exactly i have here....
Ok 1st thing it states is the 1st variation 1927-30 serial # range from 11500-145000
Then the 2nd variation states 1931 saw shaped handle only diffrence serial # range from 145000-160000
Ok well i have a h&r 922 9shot revolver that has a 5 1/2 in OCTAGON BARREL with the saw handle
On left side of barrel it has h&r arms companyworcester mass usa below that in bigger letters it has h&r 922
Here is the problem i am having the SERIAL# IS 122884 I located it under the handgrips on the left side as well so if someone out thefe can explain the whole serial number thing to me or whats the deal with this pistol it would be greatly appreciated so i can start outn back together

Attachments

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
Well, based on your own post, serial number 122884 has to have been made between 1927 and 1930..

Your second picture doesn't show the upper part of the frame but I'd pretty much bet that the hand grips were changed from the originals.

·
Banned
5,425 Posts
Confirmed my suspicion - the grips are not the original for the pistol. There is a link I can post that has the grips that are original that you can buy, however, if I were you, I would keep those wood grips on it :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nilly & WHSmithIV,
I have a 922 serial 125609 that looks very much like the subject gun.
My Dad bought it in the late 20's or early 30's.
It has the original "saw handle" walnut grips.
Unfortunately a piece has broken off the hammer that holds it in the 'safe' or 'half cocked' position.
Several members have told me it's a pre-1930 version.

If you wouldn't mind taking a larger picture of the hammer I would appreciate it very much. It might help me get mine repaired. Nunrich and others no longer have any of those hammers.

Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you very much, Nilly!

That's going to help me.

I think you'll find the serial number duplicated on the "front" of the metal part of the grip, at least it is on mine.

I really like the "saw handle" grip.

Thanks again,
nwff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts