Congress, the real area for change

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by UncleFudd, Apr 4, 2009.

1. UncleFudd

UncleFudd Well-Known Member

If I may be so bold. I believe in the time I have watched, read and participated on this forum I have been in the company of some of the most intelligent, caring, giving, dedicated, loyal and honest people remaining in this great country. It is the very reason that I have chosen to broach this topic in my honest effort to learn and to make my feelings known where they may in fact make some difference.

My brothers and sisters, legal residents of the United States of America, ALL. Our nation and the greatest testament and guide ever written "The Constitution" of the United States of America, hang by a thread. Make no mistake, we may NOT be able regardless of our best efforts, save either or both. I am terrified and MAD AS HELL.

Due to the critical, dangerous, precarious condition of our nation and our Constitution at the moment I realize that we , WE, must immediately and without hesitation, intervene. Even now, we may be too late and make no mistake, the powers that are stacked against us are beyond belief. They are incredibly strong and funded beyond any wealth we might ever amass by any means. In addition they have had years to involve themselves in the means to control and to if need be, destroy as necessary to succeed overall.

What must be done to avoid this catastrophe? It comes to mind that if it is at all possible, and before any change, (any), our representatives must first believe that a true and serious problem exists. They must then share our passion in that recognition then they must exercise every action necessary to stop the threat.

Therein IMHO lay the first and perhaps the most serious plug, stoppage, blockade, take your pick. This very problem may be insurmountable and therefor any necessary change may be impossible. However, I believe we the legal residents of this nation can and will rise up and find a way to overthrow these dangerous and despicable threats to save as well as restore our Constitution as it was written by the founding fathers.

But how can we ever expect our representatives to share our concern and to feel our passion when they are not really in our game. They have so to speak, "no dog in this hunt". They are so far removed from our involvement day to day they may as well be on another planet. In spite of their rhetoric, they really do not even know who we are or what makes us function.
    They have their own medical and hospitalization programs far exceeding anything any of us may have available. They have their own retirement beyond our most vivid and wildest imagination. Their expenses for everything they encounter, are paid for and therefore never felt. Their every wish and concern is resolved for them at no cost and of no concern. And beyond their "salaries" their perks and benefits are beyond anything we will ever receive. So is it any wonder they cannot begin to identify with us on a single, critical subject!

In order for a person to experience passion about or for anything, they must have an ox that is or can be at any time, gored. Our representatives, congressmen and women and senators simply do not have this exposure and therefore will never feel our pain and worry and will never feel the same need as you and I to "change". They just simply cannot identify.

So, in my humble opinion, before we can encourage our reps to help us bring about change or for that matter, to even seriously consider those areas of the most danger to us all, we must first make them once again, one of us.
    Until we have made this simple but absolutely critical correction, any change we might expect or perhaps experience in our lifetime, will always be minimal at best, if anything at all.

I am not a politician and don't know the procedures necessary to begin to make this happen, but I recognize the necessity and would be only too happy to work at making the necessary introduction and then to work diligently until we have success. I, for one will continue to study the means and ways to make this happen. I will with the help of many others just like you, learn how and will once again put all representatives back to work for US. I am betting the farm that a number of you are just as concerned as am I and that some of you will know how best to begin to bring our representatives to heel.

Kenny

2. Haligan

Haligan Well-Known Member

I don't know Kenny, I just don't know.
    Good post though.

3. FJF0311

FJF0311 New Member

With the Dem's hell bent on destroying the Constitution, and the "mainstream" Republicans standing idly by...
    This is the perfect time for independent, and libertarian party candidates to actually capture some congressional seats and break the monopoly the two parties have had on us.
    I have never voted for a third party candidate, but I can see the possibility if one would show me he had a good understanding of the constitution and would vote that way. the main attractiveness of this, is that neither side could use party pressure to mute their voice.
    And with as close as the vote is in the Senate, it would only take a few to wrest control from either party.
    In only two years from now, the 2010 elections. We could change the entire direction, and thwart Obama, and the yellow dog Dem's, while poking a thumb in the eye of the "John McCain's" in the Republican party.

4. UncleFudd

FJF0311;

If it were possible to have another free and honest election then I would have some faith.
    But remember all of the voter fraud that was reported and even some was investigated although nothing was ever done bout it.

Well since then HE has directed $5 billion toward //acorn and Move on ,org to help them hire, train and enplace what they need to control votes in critical areas. The other parties have not even begun to recognize the dangers let alone begin to have a defense or to fight.
    It is like the Republicans don't know how to fight or they don't want to. But the bottom line is these organizations are so well funded and already so powerful and have the leadership in place to win every election they wish to win and no one is prepring or prepared to fight them.

George Soros is the most powerful man in politics today and is obviously the one individual calling the shots for the entire democratic machine.
    In fact even though they ran him out of Nazi Germany and Europe altogether we are now stuck with the bum and you had better be paying attention to the whole picture.

The move recently to involve the US with the /european bank and power structure is not without its own influence and end game.

Do not be surprised if two things happen soon.
    1. A scrip change to make a new money. Soros will control the rate and exchange and 2. those who believe they are getting over on everyone by buying and holding gold will be made to pay a horrible penalty. Gold will become as bad as cocaine to have in your possession. Again Soros and his cronies under his command, (the pres of the United States) will control the rate of exchange for the gold as well.

Wait and see.

But for now it is far more important to make our representatives work for us once again at the rates and perks assigned for you and I. Then we can begin to expect some meaningful changes but not until or before.

UF

5. alhefner

alhefner New Member

It is absolutely time to put "independent" or Libertarian candidates in office wherever we can as long as they have a strong constitutional stance.

During the 2008 election process, I fought the "he can't win" crap to no avail. No matter how much people loved many of Ron Paul's ideas and his stance, people refused to vote for him because of the "he can't win" message harped on by the MSM.

The old, and very correct, wisdom of "If you say you can't - you are absolutely right. If you say you can and then actually try, you may actually win".

Just giving up to an idea and rolling over will NEVER get your goals accomplished!

The fight to remove those politicians that are misguided or plain against all we old dear will be a very nasty business but it MUST be done. Find all the dirt, real dirt not made up crap, you can on any candidate you want removed from office and sling it far and wide! No holds barred! There is too much on the line for playing nice anymore.

6. FJF0311

FJF0311 New Member

I agree, Unclefudd,
    We need to make them work for us, but they're listening to thier party bosses, not us. If a Constitutionality "Independent or two, could get in, it would block either party from a majority!
    Can you imagine, two people, whom the Constitution was the only thing they held a oath to, would bring the rest of Congress to a screeching halt right now. They could demand adherence to the original intent, or it would not see the light of day.
    Alaska should be a easy pick up.
    Just one more.
    All I'm asking, is let's start looking for some possibilities.

7. UncleFudd

I guess I have to agree on the "get someone who really cares" back into office.
    I have always been for the man not for a party. It just seems like the closest thing to the way I believe was most of the time with the republicans.

But i am for getting people into office who would be willing to take the politics back to the way it was before we let them build their kingdoms.

There must be a reason for someone to spend 15 million dollars to be elected to the office of congress or the senate. I graduated from a little bitty high school in sw wyoming but I can figure at their salary they will have to work for a lot of years to ever make that 12 to 15 mil back again.
    So what is it that is worth that kind of money? Rhetoric of course, but the point is it must be very well worth the money as they sure as hell don't work for the people once they are in office.

I say to anyone who wants to become a rep for me they must guarantee they will work to put all reps back to a set saary and the same retirement and medical that I am entitled to or no deal and I don't give a good damn what their name or their party is.

We will never get the change or will they work for us or listen to us until we get that much done.

It used to be when you wrote a letter or faxed to one of your reps, they would answer and the answer would actually mean something. NOt any more. I can't tell you how many letters I have written to McCain or Kyl and either no answer at all or something so pitiful one would think we are complete idiots to believe what they have to say.

In fact I found out last week that McCain was one of only 19 republicans to vote for the "Brown shirt" GIVE act. Yep he is all for it. I wrote him a letter that i did not expect an answer to and let him know what a sell out he is to the military and to the core of his party. I also told him that I will use every bit of influence that I have to make certain he is never elected again.

Anyway I will agree that it is the man and his beliefe for me from now on and I don't care a whit about party lines. I want to save our nation and the Constitution before it is too late. But I am afraid OBUNNY is going to do irreparable damage before we can get him out of office. He is clearly the most dangerous man who has ever held the office and I am wondering where the checks and balance of the congress is when this man begins to give our sovereignty away to the UN or to the European union.
    What will be next for this man who hates this country so badly and who is so angry.

UF

8. FJF0311

FJF0311 New Member

Uncle:
    I became a Republican, because of the great Ronald Reagan. I followed Newt's Republican revolution with great earnest. But the good men that he helped bring to office held their Conservative pledges, also held to the term limit pledge. The "Contract with America" became a suicide pact. they left. I was left with the Republicans, not Conservatives. A old half-quote from George Washington came back to haunt me. 'I beseech you to never adopt a party system." (I'm sure i am paraphrasing!)
    I see three possible outcomes in 2010,

1) Status Quo
    (May God help us!)

2) Dem's increase their majority
    (Same as above, in capitols!)

3) Republicans take control of Senate.
    (Same 'Ole sh*t, slower boat.)

We need true CONSERVATIVES! Will our next Ronald Reagan come in time to save us from congress?
    That's when it hit me, if we cannot get congress to change, (ratify the constitution again) Then let's hog tie them with someone they can't control.

9. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

I couldn't agree more with your thinking. FJF.

10. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

In spite of the two party system and its flaws, we must have the Republicans succeed in changing the balance in the Senate! And, add in a few constitutional independents and it would really be interesting! With a 13% approval rating, how did the Dems gain seats anyway? Oh yea I forgot, they spent more money.

Old Guy