Connecticut Gun Laws: Semi-Automatic "Other"

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by CTgunMaker, Jan 11, 2017.

1. CTgunMaker

CTgunMaker New Member

Hello all,
    I was recently looking into Connecticut's new gun laws regarding "assault weapons" and am left with a few questions. The laws specify certain guns such as the AK-47 and the AR-15 as illegal, however what about guns that are homemade? I can legally purchase the Polymer 80 G150 lower receiver, and since it is not a name brand or one mentioned in the new law, would it be legal for me to manufacture it into a firearm? My intention is to follow the remainder of the law by disabling it from taking a detachable magazine, while attached a fixed stock without a pistol grip, bayonet lug, flash suppressor, or grenade launcher, with no intent to sell. I don't see anything in the law that would make what i am doing a felony, but perhaps I missed something.

2. jedwil

jedwil Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'd suggest calling your local BATFE agent to get a more definitive answer.

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have no idea what the gun laws in Connecticut are. Now in my feeble little mind, there are certain items, I am sure, that have to be present to make your gun a so called assault weapon. Like the old federal ban of 1994, they were (if I remember right) presence of (1) Bayonet Lug (2) Pistol Grip (3) flash suppressor (4) Folding or telescoping stock (5) other stupid stuff.

If your law says this basic same stuff then no matter whether you buy an 80% lower or build the thing out of a block of aluminium, if you put one of the evil items on that gun, they you have what they are calling a so called assault rifle and I would think it would be illegal!!

I do agree with jed that you need to be addressing your question to the state of Connecticut!!

joe45c, howlnmad, jedwil and 2 others like this.
  4. jbmid1

jbmid1 Well-Known Member

By all means, go ahead and tell BATF you're trying to build a barely legal semiautomatic...

firefighter1635 and joe45c like this.
  5. tedwitt

tedwitt Well-Known Member Supporting Member

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

firefighter1635 and jbmid1 like this.
  6. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member Supporting Member

get it in writing

crystalphoto and firefighter1635 like this.