The Firearms Forum banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I have a Taurus revolver (not a .44) and a .44 Super Blackhawk. The Taurus shoots well for me and is a nice gun, but the Super Black with a 7 1/2” barrel, that is the most accurate handgun I own. It has killed several deer over the years and is a blast to shoot. If the money is a major deal, go Taurus, but if you can afford the extra $’s, you will not be disappointed in the Ruger. Shucks, buy them both if you can!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have lately considering purchasing a Ruger Super Redhawk that is for sale at a local store. That considering got a little more intense when I found I could get my hands on a good amount of 44 mag rounds. Seemed like a done deal to me, just may have to eventually mount a picatinny rail to it and a scope if I ever decide to.

However, another shop I have picked up some firearms from now has a Taurus Raging Hunter. It's almost $200 less and of course already has the pic rail attached to it. I believe the barrel is maybe an inch or more less though. Would have to call and get specifics.

I still kind of prefer the Super Redhawk, but saving $250 is still not something to just discard. What do you guys think?
Is it worth the money you spend or get what you don’t want and save a little

·
Registered
16 Posts
My 44 mag is not a lot of fun to shoot a lot of rounds out of. I usually shoot one or two cylinders and then put it away. I bought some of those cowboy action rounds and the recoil is much less. They are like shooting 44 Specials. They sort of take the fun out of it.
All 44 mags are NOT plinking guns. Recoil and blast fatigue set in real quick.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
^^^
You don't want to use a tree trunk to steady your shot either. It won't be the smoke that gets in your eye, it will be the bark.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts