The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a couple builds planned for the future, i plan on suppressing both of the two new guns im building. I am going for a suppressed SBR (not sure if i am going for standard AR look, ACR, or SCAR) and a ruger 10/22 that i can suppress for varmint near the house (i dont wanna waste .223 or 5.56 ammo on a squirrel when a .22lr will do). my question is, if i were to buy a suppressor (say the gemtech halo), would i be able to swap it back and forth between my 10/22 and my AR? would i need to pay a certain tax for it to go on the 10/22 and a separate one for the AR?
i figure there wouldnt be much caliber issue because the two rounds are so similar in diameter or pressure because the halo is designed for 5.56 so i dont see why it shouldnt be able to work effectively with a .22lr.
basically, once i buy a suppressor (and of course the standard $200 BATF tax stamp) can i put it on whatever gun i own that i care to put it on or do i have to buy a halo and an outback IID?

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, I may be fixin to get an M1A from a buddy, y'all think I'd be better off getting a suppressor for a .308 and using it for all of the above? If I did that, how much efficiency would I lose in having a 7.62 suppressor on a 5.56 or .22lr?

· Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
talked to the guys from gem-tech, they told me their sealed cans for 5.56 were perfectly fine shooting .22lr. the guy i spoke with told me his personal can had over 10,000 rounds of .22lr and 5,000 rounds of 5.56 through it and hasnt had any sort of significant decrease in performance. i was also informed that you can soak a sealed can in cleaner designed for suppressors and it works just as well as cleaning a servicable one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.